This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Working in Robotics and Mechatronics? Introduce yourself!

We'd love to hear more about you and why you've joined the community so here's the place to say hello and tell us a little bit more about yourself. 

Here are some questions to get you started:

• What made you join the Robotics and Mechatronics network?

• What are you hoping to get from the R&M community?

• What aspect of robotics do you find the most exciting?
  • Hi Everyone!

I am Vijaykumar Rajasekaran, delighted to be a part of this community. I have been working in Robotics field for nearly 10 years now, including my time as Research Associate, Doctoral student and Post-Doctoral Fellowship. 

Happy to be connecting with the IET robotics community. 

Vijaykumar Rajasekaran

• Hello to all - my name is Adrian Jones and I'm a British engineer working in Japan on automation and robotics installations. I have been fascinated with robotics since my earliest days in engineering, and even more so now with all the incredible developments we've seen over the last couple of decades. I'm looking forward to hearing about the kinds of projects members of this community are involved with

• Hi Adrian,  I'm based in the UK but working for a Japanese company in industrial automation and robotics (shouldn't be that hard to guess which one!).  Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn - it is always useful to follow people who have similar interests.

My role is researching, designing and developing software applications as a Lead Engineer, currently with a focus on robotics.  I'm mostly involved with industrial and collaborative robots, but we also have mobile robots in our portfolio.  3D simulation, virtual commissioning and digital twins are hot topics for us at the moment.

• Nice to meet you Ian and thanks for the invitation to connect.

• Hi   it would be great to raise these questions again and get a feel for what folks are looking for when they Join the IET Robotics TPN. 
    #robotics

IET Robotics & Mechatronics Network

https://twitter.com/IETrobotics

• Hello every one This is Muhammad Khawar BS EE DAE EE , I am currently working in a Construction Company as Construction Manager Electrical for the one of the 1st and  Largest e bus depot in Qatar.  I studied the Robotics and Mechatronics, Controllers, Sensors and transducers and driver during my university. I am open to accept any volunteer role and discussion. 

• Hello, I am Nicholas Lee CEng MIET, and my BSc(hons) was in Cybernetics and Control Engineering. My interest is in robots that benefit humanity and in researching general purpose AI. I have a special interest in autonomous robots that use biomimetic locomotion rather than wheels.
    I have 30 years experience in the field, and I am also the owner of Lee Technology Ltd, and in that capacity I offer design consultancy services to develop electronic, robotic, and mechatronic products.

• thanks for the intro   

• thanks for the intro  

• Hi to all who are subscribed to this conversation.
    We have a number of relatively new TPN members. 
    It would be great to re-introduce ourselves add some pics of your latest work / college or personal project, if you can.

#robotics