This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Working in Robotics and Mechatronics? Introduce yourself!

We'd love to hear more about you and why you've joined the community so here's the place to say hello and tell us a little bit more about yourself. 

Here are some questions to get you started:

• What made you join the Robotics and Mechatronics network?

• What are you hoping to get from the R&M community?

• What aspect of robotics do you find the most exciting?
  • Former Community Member
    Former Community Member
    Hello,

​I am Jon and have been in engineering for just over 25 years. I am currently a Lead Controls Planner for a car manufacturer in Oxford. I have been involved in a number of conventional robot projects in recent years and am now involved in the steering & implementation of collaborative robots.

​My interest is to see what other are doing in the field, especially colabs.

Regards,

Jon

• Thanks for saying hello Jonathan Rowen‍! Welcome to the community smiley It looks as though collaborative robots are going to play a vital role in industry 4.0 so it'll be really interesting to see the developments there. If you have any industry insights please do share with the community as I'm sure I won't be the only one interested!

• a036464b445624b35b82ea6a899e3afe-huge-welcome-8665964.jpg

Welcome to our newest members!:

Grzegorz Krupa‍ 
    Savvas Pitsillos‍ 
    James Cruickshank‍ 
    Jonathan Rowen‍ 
    Geoffrey Cooke‍ 
    Alvaro Vinuesa Casas‍ 

If you haven't yet done so, please introduce yourselves here. We'd love to hear a bit more about you!

What's your background? And what made you join the Robotics community? If there's anything you'd like to see from the community please let us know here.
  • We've had a lot of new joiners to the online community over the past few weeks! A very warm welcome to:

Henry Clark‍ 
    Georgios Chliveros‍ 
    Brian Nutter‍ 
    Roland Clayton‍ 
    Shin Lim‍ 
    Lei Lei‍ 
    Medhi Bally‍ 
    Robert Boot-Handford‍ 
    Paul Isaac's‍ 
    Simon Roberts‍ 
    Neal Hewer‍ 
    Kevin Campbell‍ 
    Khaja Sameeruddin Khan‍ 
    Muhammad Ahmad Riaz‍ 
    Amol Gulhane‍ 

It would be great to hear a bit more about you all! What sparked your interest in robotics? Are there any advances in robotics which you're looking forward to seeing more of in 2018?
  • I Dr Pushan Kumar Dutta  feel very excitedsmileysmileysmileyto join the robotics and mechatronics network. I am an Electronics Engineer by Profession and also an electronic hobbyist.

I am 32 years of age sad and feel like 24wink as I do work like a 16 yearlaugh old person when I want to work on robotics kit. It feels so interesting.

I have completed my PhD from Jadavpur University and have build using very simple materials and a small bit of microcontroller an electronics device for earthquake alert  monitoring in steel buildings and it is now published : link is provided below

www.aeuso.org/index.php

I am also interested to work on IoT based devices in agriculture.  I have completed my Post Doctoral stay in University of Oradea in the Department of Mechatronics and I learnt so much from them.

I am interested to work more present more seminars :        
    www.facebook.com/.../
    I was a visiting lecturer at Directorate General Shipping for Marine electro-Technology during the year 2014-2015. Along with another colleague I taught a value added course on Marine Electro-Technology, Basic troubleshooting and Electrical and PLC and SCADA concepts for  engineers who get to work in the shipping industry. I also developed a process control laboratory for a boiler room. This  provided a good opportunity for me to enable students understand relevance of the coursework in real life. I also engaged some classes for ‘Integrated System Design’ course in the Advanced Digital Embedded System Laboratory  during 2012-2014. This course dealt with several concepts like rectifiers design and multi-stable vibrators, ASIC and design, etc.
    At  Thinkware Robotics  I gave a series of seminars on topics like design for testability,
     Testing for 8051 and AVR and other microcontroller testing and design.
     I had to research the related material before giving a seminar to the group. It required a lot of multitasking as I was working as a  design engineer on time-critical projects. At Jadavpur University , I substituted several laboratory classes for my advisor (Dr. Mrinal Kanti Naskar). Most of the classes were for the undergraduate class Embedded System Design course that focused on the operational amplifiers design and interfacing and design based topics. Presently I have been involved in courses on Digital Signal Processing and Digital Communication and have completed teaching materials and also laboratory based materials for the students from Electronics and Communciation Engineering  and Electrical  and Electronics Engineering.
    I further developed courses on sensor based applications for University of Oradea and applied simevents and discrete event monitoring based lectures.
    Presently I am working on biomedical processing based projects  and involve faculty and students in the field of research.
    I am further working on off-grid monitoring projects and will ensure projects related to solar power renewable monitoring based projects and also projects related to biomedical engineering projects.
    My research work is also been done in the field of digital signal processing and I am making faculties and students work  with me in the field of research related to the development of digital filter design approaches and related techniques for the further advancement of research and development.

• Hi all,

Been putting control systems together since the 80's, so seen a few things, good and bad.

Recently worked for a robotic company delivery articulated and delta robots for product manufacture and packaging.

Interests are the interface/integration between programmable logic controllers (PLC) and  robot controllers.

Currently working for a large engineering, specifying, designing and delivering integrated control systems.

Roland

Control Systems Engineer
  • Hello All,

My name is Amol Gulhane. I represent the IET Pune Local Network. I am also cofounder for Robolab Technologies, Pune. I am working in Robotics, Automation, Internet of Things, Aritificial Intelligence.

I am here to network and discuss great ideas. I also like to make meaningful connections.

Our work: www.robolab.in
  • Hi Everyone,

My name is Ghibson Hudson and I'm a recent MEng Mechatronic and Robotic Engineering graduate currently working within the Recycling and Waste Management Sector, where I've just completed my first month. I'm relatively new to industry and the IET and I'm looking forward to being involved in the community as well as its discussions, particularly to those in regards to robotics within the waste sector as I believe there is a lot of potential with respect to material recovery. Thanks

Regards,

- Ghibson
  • Hi Everyone,

I joined this group a while ago but didn't introduce myself at the time (sorry!).

I'm a lead software engineer working in Factory Automation.  I've been involved for 20 years in developing Windows software applications for configuration, programming and monitoring of inverter drives, PLC's, remote I/O, industrial PC's, motion controllers and, most recently, robotics.  So, I joined the community to learn more about the current trends in software for robotic systems and to keep informed about related news and events.

I'm most excited to see how the industry deals with concerns about human/robot collaboration, ease of configuration of complex robotic systems, and the challenge of introducing robotic automation without displacing human workers.

I look forward to having some interesting discussions and maybe even meeting some of you at an IET event!

Regards,

Ian McArdle BEng (Hons) CEng MIET

Lead Engineer, Omron Electronics UK
  • Former Community Member
    Former Community Member
    Hi,

I'm an undergraduate from university of Hertfordshire,

I do love robotics. 

I do robotics as a leisure time activity.

I joined the community to increase and update my knowledge about robotics and robotic industry.

Thank you.

Kanishka Fernando.