This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce Yourself

Please help us to keep this MyCommunity space up to date and relevant by letting us know who you are, what you do and what you would like to see here?

Thanks

Joanne

• Lots of useful information online

• Viqar Mahmood:
    Hello Beautiful people!

My name is Viqar, I am currently an Electrical and Control Engineer at Howden Compressors in Glasgow, designing turboblower packages. My role provides me with challenging opportunities, varying from Electrical design (P&ID, Panel, JB, Instrument loop diagrams etc), technical documentation, Design reviews, SCADA, PLC, Instrumentation procurement, system build  to Panel and Skid testing.

I have been in this role for almost 3 years and although I  still lack in many ways, I am beginning to love what I do and want to actively pursue professional development! I am currently pursuing my goal of becoming a Chartered Engineer.

Thus, I would be truly grateful to all my experienced peers and colleagues in the same situation, for any advice to guide me on how to develop myself into becoming an expert in this field, gain further qualification and certification and become an active member/volunteer at the IET. One thing I learned n my career so far is that we work in such a vast and ever-changing industry so you can never truly be an "Expert", but I would like to get as close as I can to understanding my field! Of course I would like to be of service to my colleagues in any way I can too and would welcome the opportunity to network and learn from each other. Though I may not know a great deal, I am always keen to learn and believe there is always something valuable to learn from every encounter we make!

I am very pleased to make your acquaintance!

Hi Viqar

Welcome the the IET Engineering Communities.  Why not have a look at the IET Scotland South West page  - www.theiet.org/scotlandsouthwest to find out what happens in your area. 

Many thanks

Lynsay

• A warm welcome to our newest community members:

Join the discussion group - let us know what you want out of the community?  Any thing you think we should be doing?   Comment on the thread or get in touch with me direct.

• Welcome to the community Teja, good to hear from you.  We had a really good event yesterday in Coventry on Factories of the Future, where next - look out for a blog posting coming soon! Also do check back for future events - our next one is planned for 8 November on Big Data. This will take place at our London Venue Savoy Place - if you are able to, please come along and introduce yourself in person.

Regards

Joanne
  • Welcome to the community Andrew - good to have you back!

Maybe at some point in the future we could have a chat about the TPN  delivering some activity in the US?
  • Hi Andrew

Let me have a chat with the Community Manager for the Americas LNs, and one of us will get back to you
  • Welcome to the community Jones - why not tell us a bit more about what you do day to day - I'd love to hear more!
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hello,

I am Jonathan and I am a Lead Controls Planner for an automotive manufacturer in Oxford. I started in automation 25 years ago following the completion of my apprenticeship with the MOD. Having spent around 20 years working for various OEM's, I finally moved to the other side of the fence.

In my current role, I manage a controls planning group, am a member of the group controls & I4.0 steering committee. Our planning department are responsible for the realization of a wide range of equipment in final assembly, which can be anything from a 'Pick to Light' to 'Complex Robot Cells'.

I have been a member of the IET for around 10 years, but have never been that active. I am starting to work towards professional registration and become more active within the IET.

Regards,

Jon
  • Welcome to the community Jon - good to have you on board!
  • Hello

​My name is Abhijit Vaidya. I am Electrical Engineer by qualification and MBA. I am Railway Signalling Principles designer by profession and has my own company which deals with Signalling desin, SCADA, PLC Automation etc.

I have worked on various Signalling control systems and control panels both legacy pushbuttons as well as computer-based systems. I also have good knowledge of SCADA systems PLC based automation and HMI. 
    I have been a member of the IET since 2007 years, but not very active. I also interested in networking and doing some Voluntary work with IET.