This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Is electricity not just a packet of low frequency magnetic light energy?

Physicists know that particles cannot move at the speed of light, but domestic AC electricity does.

www.youtube.com/watch

Knowing that AC electrical power is essentially low frequency directional photon light; and if we consider that at the heart of each photon is a magnon, [which consists of a spinning area of magnetic magnoflux inertia in the x,y direction], then we can envisage that the magnon’s flux/amp spinning stuff can be attracted forward by an electric voltage at right-angles in the z direction to form a volume [packet] of wave energy.  But note, we need to give these magnons of inertia energy space to move in; because if we restrict the space by a phase angle we will get quantum virtual imaginary volt/amps VA just re-discovered by cosmologists and called phantom energy, rather than real power.

Power = Volts x Amps x Cos ϴ.

01cea38f66c7db83ac8aca5ae1b76200-huge-image.jpg

So how does an induction motor work if we have this new 3D model of electro-magnetism 

www.youtube.com/watch

The magnoflux spin effect will also have a huge significance if the universe is magnetised and polarised as can be seen in this blog 

https://magnoflux3d.wordpress.com/

• What is the advantage of adding your extra layer of ‘magnetoflux’ complexity to the extant models involving the interactions of E,D,B and H fields that already correctly predict  the distinct group and phase velocities of electromagnetic transmission ?

What is the class of problems it solves elegantly that otherwise cannot be ?

New and improved models should offer some advantage.

Mike.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Electricity in wires, whether domestic or telecoms, does not travel at the speed of light.  The speed is dependent on the nature of the wire, its inductance etc.

You have seriously misunderstood the concept of a magnon

So in your model an induction motor will not work.  But they do.  So your model is wrong.  The same is true of my model which sees electricity being generate by fairies scattering magic dust :-)

• At the moment I can only “see electricity being generate by fairies scattering magic dust” in the form of  a 2D Sine wave in most text books.  The current in amps does flow forward in the direction of the voltage but at the same time spins at right angles around inside the wire as it encompasses  an area of flux/current per square metre which will heat up the wire due to its resistance.  So we need to expand our image to show electricity has a 3D volume of  magnetic inertia within its amps.  

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

A little learning is a dangerous thing;
    drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring:
    there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain,
    and drinking largely sobers us again.

You have already agreed that in your model induction motors would not work.  But they do.  And you are under the misconception that electricity in wires can travel at the speed of light.

• I still think Coulombs law is the unifying theory of everything , most scientists try to avoid as so old .

I am still awaiting a physicist to explain to me if an electric motor draws electrons or is pushed by them ?

• At the heart of ever photon is a magnon which contains a volume of spinning magnoflux inertia. So an induction motor demonstrates that the power is transferred by the flux and not the electrons

c07bb821ce8f66ad0893f86efad7fd1c-original-inductionmotorlockrotor.png
  • For alternative much simpler model for the transfer of electromagnetic energy take a look at the theories of Ivor Catt. Yes em does travel at speed c for the dielectric between the conductors. The em energy is in the dielectric not the metallic conductor which forms the transmission line. The following link shows some wiki references. Some dismiss Ivor's theories as nuts. His “Catt anomaly” however still poses uncomfortable questions for the establishment. I have met him at a talk given in St. Alban's many years ago and have some of his books. He makes very convincing case for a new perspective on electromagnetism and the fundamental theories associated with transmission of em energy.

www.google.com/search

• What uncomfortable question ? Charges are being pumped into the line at the source end, in the current to voltage ratio set by the line impedance, and this exactly matches the rate at which current arrives and the field lines appear between the conductors at various places along the line.

As part of my work I have been responsible for a pulse power training course which included the making and fixing of high speed voltage and current probes at the origin and along a mis terminated transmission line of reasonable length, and the launch of  a fast pulse. If you match the lengths of the cables to the scope (or allow for it) you can see the wave arriving later further along and that velocity ties in well with L and C per unit length.   There is no doubt what happens. It is simplified thinking that is the mistake.

Mike.

• Hi Mike,

I am sure that your work on pulsing will confirm that the pulses move at near the speed of light and any grid fault recorder will show the micro second causes of a line or generation fault.

Electricity moves at c is a fact, the uncomfortable question is how and Andrew has drawn our attention to IvorC idea that the power is in the dielectric field surrounding a wire and not in the electrons which in many ways is a step forward.  However, Ivor has not indicated that the dielectric field must be magnetised which means it is the magnons in the magnetic field that transfer the power as in an  induction motor.

My investigations find that electricity is low frequency electromagnetic light which must obey the same laws as high frequency starlight which we know from the 2 slit experiment is massless pulsating magnetic inertia energy as shown below.

63ce55e701fb1766e5a55dadab9006e8-original-magnofluxtumble2.jpg

• Pulses move at the group velocity for the guide medium in question. For TEM modes in structures mainly composed of good conductors and fresh air that is close to ‘c’. 

for something like coax cable the measured velocity factor is about 60-70%.. that is  200m/usec. 

So a pulse takes about 10nS to get along  6  or 7 feet of cable depending a bit on the make up, foam or solid dielectric etc.

It is very instructive to launch a pulse shorter than the cable length - so at the origin the pulse has been and fallen back  to 0V , before anything arrives at the other end.

Mike.