The IET PEMD TPN
The heart of the community would be established through the following key elements:
1. A managed web site containing
a. Calendar and details of/links to all relevant activities
b. Links to relevant Journals (and Journal editors)
c. Community discussion board
2. The community activities to be co-ordinated and structured as follows
a. Headline IET Conferences – PEMD and ACDC
b. A balanced and topical programme of low and zero cost informal 0.5 day / 1 day seminars on relevant and topical subjects. These will be developed locally and co-ordinated within the overall programme of relevant events.
c. Web based / phone based events have been pioneered in the sector. These will be extended and should gain greater traction with international “guests”.
3. The TPN will work to strengthen the role of the relevant IET journals within the community.
The Technology base of the community is well defined by the following themes:
- Power Semiconductors
- Power Electronics
- Machines and Drives
- Transportation (incl. Aerospace, Traction, Marine)
- Power Generation, Transmission and Distribution
- Renewable Energy
- Industrial Applications – Intentionally broad to foster cross-sector links
Log in to view