Competition Now Open For £35 Million For R&D In Connected And Autonomous Vehicle Technologies
Projects need to come up with technical solutions for connected and autonomous vehicle features. These features should provide real-world benefits to users. This includes how these vehicles will work as part of a wider transport system. Proposals must show a clear commercial benefit.
The Centre for Connected & Autonomous Vehicles is a joint policy unit. It was set up by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy and the Department for Transport. The aim of CCAV is to help ensure that the UK is a world leader in developing and testing connected and autonomous vehicles.
The competition is in 4 streams:
- Stream 1 will fund a large-scale challenge to develop and demonstrate a vehicle operating at SAE level 4 automation. They are expecting to fund 1 or 2 projects with total project costs of £15 million to £30 million. Projects should last between 18 and 30 months.
- Streams 2, 3 and 4 will fund feasibility studies and industrial research and development projects. They expect projects to range in size from total costs of £250,000 to £5 million. Projects should last between 12 and 30 months.
- This competition opens on 22 August 2016
- The registration deadline is noon on 2 November 2016
- The application deadline is noon on 9 November 2016
- All projects must be collaborative and a business must lead the project
Log in to view