Communities Committee Americas (CC-A)
Communities Committee Americas (CC-A)Purpose - the CC-A's purpose is to:
- To support communities activities in the Americas region; to facilitate effective communication between communities in the region and the sharing of best practice on community matters.
- The Communities Committee Americas supports all IET communities in the region, whether geographical, technical, demographic (eg age related) or otherwise.
Governance - the CC-A reports to the Communities Resourcing Committee (CRC, members). The Communities Resourcing Committee is the overarching group responsible for leading the work of the IET’s volunteer communities around the world, including its Local and Technical Networks. The CRC is responsible to the Knowledge Services Board (KSB, members).
Committee Members (effective 1-Oct-2018)
- Chairman – David McQuiggan, SoCal, 3-year term expires on 30-Sep-2021.
- Vice Chair - Bhagvat Joshi, Ottawa 2 year term expires 30-Sep-2020
Committee Member – Qurat-ul-Ain (Anee) Tabassum, New England 3-year term expires 30-Sep-2019 Committee Member - Sean Ocho, Trinidad and Tobago 3-year term expires 30-Sep-2019
- Committee Member – Charles Rubenstein, New England 3-year term expires 30-Sep-2022
- Committee Member – Allan Casey, NorCal, 3-year term expires 30-Sep-2020
- Committee Member - Suresh Vishwakarma , Vancouver, 3-year term expires on 30-Sep-2021.
- Committee Member YP - Emily Hicks, Canadian Prairies Group of Chartered Engineers (CPGCE), Calgary 3-year term expires 30-Sep-2021
- Committee Member YP - Robert Mayall, Canadian Prairies Group of Chartered Engineers (CPGCE), Calgary 3-year term expires 30-Sep-2022
- Outgoing Chair Emeritus – Kevin Murray
- IET Senior Staff Member – Phoebe Houssein, appointed by the IET, no fixed term
IET Member Map – Americas Region
CC-A Online Resources:
- CC-A IET.org page: https://www.theiet.org/about/people/boards-committees/americas.cfm?
- CC-A Engineering Communities page (Public): https://communities.theiet.org/communities/home/220
- Americas LN & CCA Community (Private): https://communities.theiet.org/communities/home/576
Other IET Regional Communities Committees:
- IET: Communities Committee Americas (CC-A) > EC: https://communities.theiet.org/communities/home/220
- IET: Communities Committee Asia Pacific (CC-AP) > EC: https://communities.theiet.org/communities/home/224
- IET: Communities Committee Europe, Middle East & Africa (CC-EMEA) > EC: https://communities.theiet.org/communities/home/82
- IET: Communities Committee South Asia (CC-SA) > EC: ???????
- IET: Communities Committee United Kingdom (CC-UK) > EC: https://communities.theiet.org/communities/members/75 ; @IET_CCUK;
- IET: Communities Resourcing Committee (CRC) > EC: ??????
The Americas Region (Source: Wikipedia)
The Americas (also collectively called America) comprise the totality of the continents of North and South America. Together, they make up most of the land in Earth's western hemisphere and comprise the New World. The population is over 1 billion, with over 65% of them living in one of the three most populous countries (the United States, Brazil, and Mexico). As of the beginning of the 2010s, the most populous urban agglomerations are Mexico City (Mexico), New York (U.S.), Sao Paulo (Brazil), Los Angeles (U.S.), Buenos Aires (Argentina), and Rio de Janeiro (Brazil), all of them megacities (metropolitan areas with ten million inhabitants or more).
North America (Listed by GDP):
- United States
- Dominican Republic
- Costa Rica
- El Salvador
- Trinidad and Tobago
- The Bahamas
- Saint Lucia
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Largest cities include: New York City, Mexico City, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston, Toronto, Dallas–Fort Worth, San Francisco, Houston, Miami, Philadelphia
Log in to view