History Of PV Hunter And The Hunter Memorial Lecture
- Improvements to the sensitivity of the Merz Price Protection System i.e. the Price Hunter System;
- PING-Asdic, fundamental in the development of and subsequently awarded CBE in recognition;
- Wrote a seminal paper with JF Watson entitled 'Dielectric disturbances in super tension multicore cables from thermal expansion of the conductors’ postulating that thermal effects where a primary cause of breakdown in the then current 33 kV cable technology;
- Researched resin oil impregnating compound insulations, how heat cycles created by the variable power loading cycles effected this dielectric;
- President of the Institution of Electrical Engineers in 1933;
- Magnetic mine sweeping, developed a semi submersible cable.
The first lecture was given in 1958 by C.O. Boyce, entitled ‘PV Hunter - Electrical Engineering in our Time’.
Moving onward and in a similar field to PV Hunter’s interest area, the 1993 lecture was given by Professor W Toby Norris entitled ‘Supertension Cables - the forward Drive’.
Log in to view