dual both active grid / off grid solar

Previously posted " On grid /Off grid Domestic kitchen Choice of grid or solar at point of use 

Thus  kitchen is equipped with both grid and completely independent solar ( inverter ) sockets 

Eg Plug your washing machine to grid or solar  user choice as opportune. Both are live.together 

See attached schematic 

The issue is earthing : Care so that  earth potential to casing of one appliance plugged to grid is not different to another appliance plugged to off grid supply Easily within reach in a domestic kitchen

Previously advised the earth arrangement as in diagram ( earth rod  linked to my incoming grid earth MET ) would suffice Arrangement is similar to UPS systems 

So advised tp contact a locally qualified electrician  with UPS experience to get final approval / sign off 

I cant find one ?? Can anyone put me in touch with such a person locally ?  Or is there a directory ?  I am in south london close to Morden Northern Line tube

PDF

ciao Ms O 

Parents Reply Children
  • thankyou I will try that : Fascinated by the arguments  though too fat our of date to appreciate them. 

To reiterate  I have no intention of installing this myself  I want assurance the proposal is in fact safe. Cannot start without that  If there is is doubt I wont do it . Do think the concept has merit. If possible 

The solution was proposed previously on here but I need to be sure. Is there any mileage in comparing  to new EV charging rules that have NO earth rod 

( Diagrams of current flow under fault would be instructive to my learning but hey .  Thank you again.