This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Cyber Security

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hi, Anyone here have experience getting an email from unknown (SPAM folder). I use Yahoomail & received an email from a random person saying that they have hacked my email account & demanding money within 48 hours or else they will lock my device after 48 hours. Is there any way to prevent from the device being locked?
  • Being pawnd is not unusual. Just change passwords on sensible frequency. Don't forget it is very rarely personal. Big databases, Smart software.   Not young guys with hoodies!!

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Stuart Robinson ,

Thank you for your reply.

I will change the password for the email & Microsoft account as per your recommendation/suggestion.

Besides, i will do backup & prepare boot disk as per you recommendation.
    Hi Cevn Vibert ,

Thank you for your suggestion/recommendation.

I will proceed to change the email password & block the email id that had sent this phishing email.

I will find the email id where i should forward this type of phishing emails & forward to the relevant team.

I will do change the password more frequently.
    Here is the think you should also consider  if you pay what guarantee you have that they will not continue asking for more so paying is not a solution