This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Re. "Volunteer Induction - What An Enjoyable Way To Spend A Friday …" blog post

Did we miss an invitation to this?
  • Probably not the place to ask this but I was required to submit my CPD records 2016 for review in July and so far as I am aware, nothing has been done with it.
  • Hello Christopher,

Your CPD records will have been passed to one of the IET's team of trained CPD assessors and you will receive a comprehensive personal assessment. I am one of these assessors and, in past years, we have waited until most reviews are complete before the feedback is given.

What is important is that we make it a positive experience for every one lucky enough to be chosen - because it really is intended to be helpful and empowering. Hope that helps.
  • We have a lot of trouble filling even the more popular Lifeskills sessions, I don't think I could get enough interest to run one on CPD & Career Manager. I keep my own arbitrary record and that will have to suffice for any review.
  • Alex,

The key is that one size does not fit all.  Like your network, the Cambridge Network has issues getting support for some activities.  Students in particular like the Lifeskills course on how to get registered.  There is however zero interest in PATW as several companies run alternative schemes through the University and the prizes are better.  Regarding CPD, it is a struggle to get people interested although most recognise the benefits when the purpose of the process is explained.  Canvassing opinion at local events returns no interest in a Lifeskills course on CPD.

Regards

David