This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Training Webinars for IET Local Network / Young Professional Network / OnCampus Network Volunteers

Hello

The IET offers various volunteer roles to its members. 

As a first step, a general volunteer induction training webinar is offered to all kind of volunteers plus infoware account is created regarding Data Protection and IET Policies awareness.

Then a specific online training webinar is also offered to some (not all) volunteer roles, like Professional Development Mentor, Professional Review Interviewer etc.  On the other side, I have noticed that no any such kind of training webinars are offered to Local Network or Young Professional Network or OnCampus Network Volunteers.

I would highly recommend that "Online Training Webinars for Network Volunteers" may also be designed and offered to each Network Volunteer Roles like Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer, Media Manager, Event Manager, Marketing Manager etc.  By getting such initial training, these volunteers can play a more effective role.  Moreover, a Training Certificate may also be provided to them.

Thank you.

• Lisa Miles‍ 

I have sent an email regarding the subject matter to my Community Manager, Communities Team and Volunteer Team as well.

By the way, this place "IET Volunteer", an online engineering community for volunteers, was the most appropriate forum to raise, discuss, conclude and action.  

I have observed that at this forums, most things are not concluded and actioned, in fact, lost somewhere.

Thank you.
  • Hi Nouman,
    Thank you for sharing your ideas on this forum and, as you say, in emails to your Community Manager.  You can be assured that your ideas have been taken on board.  However, it’s important to understand that the IET has very many activities underway at any time and we have to prioritise these, as well as making sure we take the necessary time to deliver them to a suitable standard.  This means that we are unable to respond to some requests as quickly as we would like. 

I don’t think it’s appropriate to say that items on the forum are lost, as we don’t use this as the main media for updating existing volunteers on project activities.  These will be provided through more targeted communications appropriate to the audience.  Questions on specific issues are probably best sent direct, via email to your Community Manager.

Regards,

Sandra

Volunteer Support
  • I have noticed unpopular requests getting kicked into the long grass in the hope that they will be forgotten. Volunteers do need to feel that the organisation is responsive to their needs. This could be better than it is.
  • Hi Sandra

Thank you very much for your intervention.

As One Team, let us take the subject matter as Test Case and conclude it in an effective outcome.  We should not let it be endless.  All of us should pursue it.

Hoping for the optimal solution.  Thank you.