This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the Internet of Things (IoT) network discussion page on Engineering Communities!
This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off:

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about IoT:
Other interests:

• Alex Barrett‍ The communities don't currently work together, but hopefully that will change in the future

Mike McKean‍ This community is for the IoT TPN smiley I definitely think there is potential for the IoT TPN to stand on it's own (as it has done so far)
  • Mike, that's what I was hinting at too - given the current ascendancy of the "IoT" I think it warrants a TPN. I'm sure the crypto folk and the IoT folk can talk to each other, but I wouldn't want the IoT group to get snowed under with cryptography discussions.
  • Natalia - plainly I'm not making myself clear. It is the relationship between online communities and formal TPNs I'm not clear on. Is this group a defacto TPN?
  • Hi Natalia and Alex,

I canot see any entry in the TPN area for an IoT TPN Organization?

Mike

I pssted a screenshot of the communities TPN List.  I cannot "see" any entry for an IoT TPN? 
    5d15015b24119fb1c00d3fa049ace895-huge-tpn_list.jpg

• Alex Barrett:

Natalia - plainly I'm not making myself clear. It is the relationship between online communities and formal TPNs I'm not clear on. Is this group a defacto TPN?

Alex Barrett‍ The online communities are desgined to be the online spce for the TPN's ie where they can share content from events and interact with the wider community. I hope that answers your question

Mike McKean‍ The IoT TPN is not listed under the TPN's list yet - but it will be soon!

• Hi, thanks, that will be good.

Thanks

Mike

• OK, so we have got ourselves a TPN. Does it need committee officers and does it have a budget? Obviously it needs a coordinator. I'm not volunteering, just trying to understand how it works. I'll probably pick the brains of some TPN contacts.
  • So I've been researching TPNs on the IET site, with a mixed outcome.

This page was quite interesting:
    What is a TPN?

This page looked promising but most of the links appear to be broken:
    TPN Briefing Day: Watch The Presentations

I think it basically boils down to having a hard core of enthusiasts who want to get organised, talk about relevant topics and arrange interesting guest speakers, demos and workshops. Is there an appetite for this amongst the Community membership?
  • I take it from the stunning silence that there is no appetite for developing this group further?
  • Hi Alfie,

I'd welcome any opportunity to get involved with any IoT group. I'd be pleased to volunteer to do anything. 

I'm in the IET today, on 07539 341 216.

Regards

Mike