This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Introduce yourself!

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Tell everybody, who you are, what you do and who you would like to connect with.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi Jamie,

I know you couldn't make the last event that we held in Manchester but there is certainly demand to hold future events there.

There will be an announcement made on My Community and Facebook once the next Manchester event is set up.  I am sure there will be people that you can connect with there also!
  • Hello everyone,

I'm Catriona (Cat for short) and I qualified with a 1st class BEng (hon) in Electrical and Electronics systems in 2003.

Since then I have worked in the oil and gas sector as an electronics engineer working up from support engineer to design engineer.

I am currently working at a small company in Aberdeen as a Senior Project Engineer and am currently in the process of getting my chartership (advise would be apprciated)

I would be happy to meet up with anyone local to me regardless of which sector they work in.
    Hello,

My name is Louise. I'm an electrical surveyor working in the marine industry. I live in Rotterdam, so it's nice to be able to keep in touch through platforms such as this one (although if anyone else happens to live here, please do get in touch and we can meet in person).

I've worked here for a year, worked in London for a few years before that, and was in the merchant navy for a couple of years before that. 

I'm aiming to submit my chartership application before the end of the year.
    Thank you for all of the great introductions on here!  It really is good to see so many people sharing a little bit about themselves.  I hope we get some more volunteers for this!! :)

Best regards,

Jo
  • I'm Yewande.

I have a Masters degree in Control Systems Engineering from the Uni of Manchester.

I currently work for Siemens Rail Automation in Chippenham. :)
    Thank you for the contribution, Yewande!!!
    Thank you Alys and Kylie for the fab introductions! :) It's great to see some new posts on here!!

Do take a look around the site and see if there is anything that you would like further information on.

Best wishes,

Jo Foster
    Hi Haley

This is Winnie, IET staff who looks after the Western Australia Network.  You mentioned that you are interested to make some contacts with in WA.  You can check out the MyCommunity webpage for WA, find out what activities they have and join those activities that you find interesting.  If you would like to get in touch with the volunteers in WA, let me know and I can link you up with them.  

Regards

Winnie Lee

Hi Everyone,

My names Hayley and I completed the Ministry of Defences Engineering Technician Advanced Apprenticeship Scheme this summer, the scheme it IET accreddited and I am now a Tecnician Member of the IET, on the new Technician Signature pathway. I am just waiting on my EngTech registration to be processed.

Following my Apprenticeship I have taken a position at the MoD in In-Service Submarines and am also studying part-time for my BEng in Electronics. I am also a keen STEM Ambassador having got involved during the 2nd Phase of my Apprenticeship, I have attended 5 events over the last 18 months.

Regards

Hayley
    Welcome, Gerry!

Thank you very much for the great introduction and for supporting the network!  I appreciate your contribution.

Best wishes,

Jo Foster