This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

TuneIn starts restricting international stations in the UK after major labels legal win

Just in case, like me, you're wondering why you can't stream any non UK internet radio stations via the TuneIn app through your Sonos system anymore... ?
  • Yes, well not particularly melodic, although, from what I believe, a very stable 200 year old method of communication.

I remember having fun with my first DAB radio 'Rooster Booster', I think, and Planet Rock were the first stations to wake up with. That was a mistake, lasted a week and then I changed over to the BBC world service.

Legh

• Legh Richardson:

.-- .... .- - / .- -... --- ..- - / - .... . / .-. . .. -. - .-. --- -.. ..- -.-. - .. --- -. / --- ..-. / - .... .. ... / -- . - .... --- -.. / ..--.. / -.. ..- -- --..-- / -.. . --..-- / -.. ..- -- / -.. . --..-- / -.. ..- -- --..-- / .-. .- - / - .- / - .- -

what / about / the / reintroduction / of / this / method / de ? / dum  /de?/ de? /dum ?/ rat /ta/tat

OK, it is really quite hard to read Morse like that, and the use of question marks is confusing (or you mean MIM but there is a spacing problem)  . However, while you may mock; morse is very much in use, albeit mostly for amateur stuff and simple self identification on beacons automatic weather stations and so forth.

And of course on those phones that chirp out S-M-S whenever they get a text (which is a bit of a muscle clencher for those skilled in the arts,

as the little ditty    di di dit  dah dah  di di dit  is only one dah from

the blood chilling di di dit dah dah dah di di dit of the S-O-S call, one guaranteed to test the reflexes.)

• Yes, it is difficult to read as some of the dots and dashes tend to blend across the letters. But unless you are proficient in deciphering while listening or able to feed it through an audio translation program then its transposing letter by letter.

Legh
  • I've been using Audials for a couple of years now, it's a nicer UI than Tune in, and has all the world's stations you could want.  You can also record from the current stream and import your own recordings.