This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Rejoin IET

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Rejoin IET. What is the procedure? My last IET membership payment was in May 2015.

• Cheong Tsoi:

Thanks. But, it is quite expensive for me to give a call to the UK. Moreover, the UK and my region has time zone difference. Now, it is 10:35 am in my region. I wonder what time is it in the UK?

Your post shows as 2.53am  when I view it.  So that suggests we are 8 hours behind you.
  • First the time difference to the UK: In your post where you say it is 10:35am it has come up as "Posted by Cheong Tsoi on Feb 11, 2019 2:35 am". This indicates 8 hours time difference. At the end of March in the UK we go on to daylight saving so that may reduce the difference to 7 hours (if your clocks do not change).

There is no holiday currently, though the person(s) dealing with the rejoining mailbox may have taken time off. If you still have no response this week you can try forwarding your message to membershipservices@theiet.org.

Alasdair
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Noted with thanks.

I have sent reminder email to membershipservices@theiet.org yesterday.

Up to writing of this message, I still have no response from The IET, UK.

It seems that The IET has stopped to provide service to its members (I'm not yet a member :-( ).
  • I think it is unusual for there to be no response when somebody is trying to give the IET money. They have always been prompt with contacting me when I owe them money.

However if you want somebody to phone them in order to chase your emails then I am willing to volunteer, but unfortunately (at least for you - fortunately for me) I am about to go on holiday, so perhaps if nothing has happened by the end of the month you can post a message for me to follow up.

Alasdair
  • Hi Cheong Tsoi‍ 

Don't forget that we have an office in Hong Kong as well so you could contact them locally to progress your application to rejoin! ?

Lisa
    Dear Sir/Madam,

I am very disappointed to see your response. I have posted on 9.2.2019 and your response is on 14.2.2019.

I may not consider to rejoin this ineffective organization.

I was an AMIEE in 1995. I just feel very disappointed in The IET now.
  • Hi Cheong Tsoi‍ 

Please accept my apologies on behalf of my colleagues in the IET's Membership Services team if you have not yet received a reply to your email to them. 

Unfortunately I'm not a member of that team but I have brought their attention to this post in our forum and asked for one of the team to respond both publicly here and also to your email.

As before though, you may prefer to speak directly to our local team in Hong Kong if you have any questions on membership as they can also advise you.  

Dear Lisa,

How much should I own The IET if I rejoin The IET?
  • Hi Cheong Tsoi‍ 

As before, I'm not a member of the membership services team so I'm not confident in being able to provide you with a correct answer. ?

I understand from my colleagues in Membership Services that they have indeed replied to your emails but are now awaiting your responses to their queries? 

Could you please reply to their latest email requesting your current telephone number so one of the team can call you and speak to you directly regarding your application to rejoin the IET.

I have replied her. But, I'm afraid we are in different time zone. Now, it is 9:38am in here.