This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

New Brand

Might as well be first in with the inevitable discussion!

Given that someone is always likely to state it; can I state (with tongue in check) that obviously the IEE Lion logo was much better cheekydevil

Although, purple (and various tones thereof) is one of my favoured colours.
  • Where do you have to go to actually see the new logo?

• Michael Wrigley:

Where do you have to go to actually see the new logo?

• Michael Wrigley:
    I've got an IET lapel badge. Youngsters might call it a "pin". Don't think I had to ask for it, it just arrived one day.
    Can't remember when I last wore it though. I don't think anyone around me would know who or what the IET might be.

On 4.2.2019 19:44, IET Engineering Communities wrote:

I've still got my IEE lapel badge with the lion on it . . . the IET doesn't seem to have done lapel badges at all, unless someone can tell me otherwise?

I used to have an IET polo shirt when i was an active volunteer.  I have no idea where it is now; I don't usually throw things out.

However, at risk of going off-topic, I remember there used to be the Peter Peregrinus shop at Savoy Place (in what is now the Flowers Room).  I recall there used to be a range of branded items on sale, that as a poor student I could never afford.  I guess that it wasn't an efficient use of the institutions resources to stock clothing and other items in that way - the only item that is left is the members tie.  With design-to-print services I'd imagine it would be far easier to do now.

• Of course, as with all rebranding, it will take time to be fully implemented.

[copied 30 seconds ago]IET Career Manager

Alasdair