This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

IET Mentor

I am considering applying to be an IET Mentor and would be interested in hearing any feedback from those who are, or have been mentors.

Has it been a worthwhile experience?

How good is the training/support available? 

Any advice?

Thanks
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

There's lots of information on Mentoring available on the IET's Mentoring Service pages on the website.

Hope that helps? 

Got it. Thanks~

But I don't think that page adds any useful information to me. If I was right, I do understand what is the mentorship. Actually what I want is who can be my mentor on the fields mentioned in my previous post. Can you provide some inputs?

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

There's lots of information on Mentoring available on the IET's Mentoring Service pages on the website.

Hope that helps? 

Got it. Thanks~

But I don't think that page adds any useful information to me. If I was right, I do understand what is the mentorship. Actually what I want is who can be my mentor on the fields mentioned in my previous post. Can you provide some inputs?

• Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

If you follow the links on that page for the IET's Mentoring Service then you'll find the section where you can 'Apply for a Mentor' by downloading the application form and sending into the Mentoring team at the IET.  They will then match you up with someone suitable. 

However, I believe the IET's Mentoring Service is only available for IET Members and I can see that you are not a member of the IET as you don't have an IET member badge on your profile.  sad

• Sam Wright:

...It may also be worthwhile getting in touch with your local network and see what mentors and/or PRAs in that area say about the service.

Just spotted this...do just be aware that your LN may not know which Mentors and PRAs are in their area. There doesn't seem to be any system for notifying LN volunteers of this? (I'm writing as a Mentor , PRA, and member of an LN committee.)

Thanks,

Andy

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

If you follow the links on that page for the IET's Mentoring Service then you'll find the section where you can 'Apply for a Mentor' by downloading the application form and sending into the Mentoring team at the IET.  They will then match you up with someone suitable. 

However, I believe the IET's Mentoring Service is only available for IET Members and I can see that you are not a member of the IET as you don't have an IET member badge on your profile.  sad

Thanks Lisa, maybe I'll apply for IET member soon later.

Btw, there is another thing which makes me feel a little sad, several days ago I suggested to vote a mascot for IET but it looks nobody is interested in it. If the I'E.T.Tm can appear as the badge on my profile, that would be great! Do you want to know a little more about the I'E.T.Tm?

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

Btw, there is another thing which makes me feel a little sad, several days ago I suggested to vote a mascot for IET but it looks nobody is interested in it. If the I'E.T.Tm can appear as the badge on my profile, that would be great! Do you want to know a little more about the I'E.T.Tm?

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

Lisa Miles:

Hi Weizhi Yao‍ 

• Hi Alex,

I've sent you a Contact Request which if you accept that will allow me to reply to your PM!

Silly system. (Sorry Lisa, but it is a silly system! smiley)

Cheers,

Andy

• Andy Millar:

Silly system. (Sorry Lisa, but it is a silly system! smiley)

Totally agree with you Andy Millar‍ !

I've replied to your post re the private message feature and we're looking into that. yes

Lisa