This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Creative Christmas presents for the budding Engineer.

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hello All,

I remember one childhood Christmas, I receive a 'X in one' electronics project kit. Think it was from Tandy. 

​It was the 'perfect' gift from my parents, so many things to do and once you had built a circuit, you could read what the components did in that circuit and how they worked. For my parents, it was days of peace and quite whilst I was joining different colour wires between different points on the board. Sure I even tried to invent my own circuits.

e5daad4bfbeaa52d17549ae1e533585b-huge-kit.jpg

​Will be getting one of these this year for our boy to see if it will bring out his creative side and to learn new things. The aspect I like the most from this is that he will be physically creating things and seeing something happen as a result of his work. Failing that, I have 'X in One' electronics project board again.

Anyone else trying to create a budding engineer?

Regards,

​Jon

• Damn, I missed that one....

Alasdair Anderson FIET CEng, PRA, but still a child at heart.....
  • You're all leading me on to dangerous thoughts...

box-front.jpg

We should probably add at this point that other makes of constructional toy are available...I think it's a bit of a generational thing: the Meccano generation, the Lego generation, and the K'Nex generation...
  • OMG!  I want one of those Lego Technic Cranes!!! heart

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Lisa Miles:

OMG!  I want one of those Lego Technic Cranes!!! heart

2606 pieces of Lego fun smiley

• Jonathan Rowen:

2606 pieces of Lego fun smiley

I want it as my office toy so I can build it during lunchtimes!!! wink laugh heart

I would have loved all of these toys.  I know my favourite Christmas present of my childhood was one of the big LEGO CITY sets.

2175897ee93cf6e48039aa65c8466c3f-huge-lego1975.jpg

• My favourite Lego Christmas present (and another of my favourite Christmas presents of all time) was my lego motor...
    107 box
    And I dreamed of having one of these...

0b82b9bdbcd057046b6e0ead352de39d-huge-r1138_gwr_passenger_freight_train_set.jpg

Hedy Fletcher:

And I dreamed of having one of these...

0b82b9bdbcd057046b6e0ead352de39d-huge-r1138_gwr_passenger_freight_train_set.jpg

And use the Lego crane to build it smiley

• Just moved this into my loft to give us a bit of space

f3b6306c74b4362d05f511059a5e798b-huge-lima-super-freight-liner.jpg

d6395c464ccb1cb668d00cbc2c388206-huge-tracks.jpg

There is Duplo and K'Nex ready for christmas up there as well for my 3 and 7 year old.