This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Welcome and Introduce Yourself

Welcome to the RF and Microwave Technology Network discussion page on Engineering Communities!

This is a thread to introduce yourself to your fellow network members. We’d love to hear more about you so here are a few questions to start you off - feel free to answer all, none or add your own!

Name:
Brief career history:
What interests you about RF and Microwaves:
Other interests:

• Thanks for introducing yourself  Chandrasekhar Pradhani‍ and welcome!
  • Welcome to the latest new members of the community!

Monica Pinheiro
    Bablu K Ghosh
    Laith Al-Jobouri
    Steven Nixon
    James Davies
    Nazar Muhammad
    Stephen Hanham
    Louis Fan

51dd31c8e884d14f98c1ac3d44a7c58b-huge-welcome-image-11.jpg

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I am Bablu K. Ghosh

I started my career in 1996 as apprentice engineer in Bangladesh in microwave network planning area using ITU protocols. Before that I studied Communication Engineering, Radio and TV Engineering, Telecommunications , Pulse and Switching circuits, etc courses in my Master’s program in Applied Physics and Electronics with 200 marks in thesis project carried out in Materials science for device applications. Previously, I completed my honors in the same program from Rajshahi University, Bangladesh. In industry, I was involved in three separate organization in between 1996-1998 and 1999-2010. I led the apprentice engineering team to overcome free space communication, channel mode propagation, Fresnel zone, diffraction, scattering and other obstructions issues by using modulation techniques and mostly resolved in the planning stage of my job. The radio of GSM system, 2Mbps how to support 30 voice channels and 2 data channels were also learns in the stage. The antenna suitability, orientation, elevation, latitude and longitude selection for point to point link establishment was performed. The S/N ratio, noise margin, receiver sensitivity, thermal noise calculation, etc was done in first time of the job in Bangladesh Rural Telecom Authority (BRTA) in between 1996-1998.  

In 1998-1999, I was engaged as scientific officer in Bangladesh Atomic Energy Commission (BAEC). I have been working there as data analysis related from high energy γ-radiation sensor (NaI). How pre-amplifier and amplifier worked sequentially to transfer small signal into image at large. The adder as operational amplifier how serve this purposes was realized for data acquisition sequences, I led the operation system of high energy sensing devices and teaching electronic system of the sensor towards subordinates as helping  operational peoples. 

In 1999, i joined in Bangladesh Radio where my routine job was electromagnetic wave application for medium, short and sky wave transmission. The link established between studios to transmitter as microwave band link, where different types of antennas were engaged. The wire antenna as yagi in VHF and UHF band, reflector dish in microwave band for relatively longer distance was deployed. In this course of rapid development of high rise building in different cities, maintaining the studio-transmitter link and FM broadcasting were challenges. The antenna directivity change using array, different modulation techniques transreceiver selection and antenna effective height variation was made by the direction of me to sustaining those links and FM broadcasting. It was mostly done after my planning work as research and receiving center deputy station engineer. Sometimes, as transmitting station maintenance and operation engineer, different preamplifiers, the audio amplifier, RF and power amplifier operation problem was solved. In audio console, how pre and operational amplifier function to combine (audio + different musical signals) are analyzed during its malfunctioning time maintenance work. During my professional work in different stages, I involved in training specially microwave planning and frequency band management related ITU SMS4DC software, British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) FM broadcasting related coverage planning and FM network design for whole Bangladesh coverage, Asia Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU) conducted several audio broadcasting and data streaming related trainings. 

During my service in Bangladesh Radio, I managed Japanese Government MONBUSHO scholarship and did my PhD research under Global Engineering Program for International Students (GEPIS-2001) from 2001-2004.  My research field was system design for targeted optoelectronics devices (Solar photovoltaic) based advanced semiconductor materials fabrication using MOCVD system for development of hetero-junction materials and its opt-electric characterization. I had few publications in Q1 journals during PhD. 

Lastly, in June 2010, whenever joined in University Malaysia Sabah as a lecturer, I started my journey in teaching and learning in Analogue Electronics, Materials and Electronics Devices, Electromagnetics and Antenna applications courses. Besides that I started to do research on solar photovoltaic system modelling and development for its efficiency progression by using different advance materials. At this stage of my research, I published more than 40 research papers in renewable energy related well reputed international journals and proceedings including IEEE, AIP and IET. So, whatever I learned from my working environment, I am currently utilizing those industry based knowledge in my teaching, research, and students supervision purposes. My work experiences mostly well matched to teaching and research in this stage of my working life.
  • Hi Bablu K Ghosh‍ what an interesting career! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the community!
  • Welcome to the newest members of the community smiley

Dhanushka Ariyasinghe
    Rajeev Kumar
    Amol Gulhane
    Simon Green
    Muhammad Irfan Memon

6828e725c087202c5eff1fbbc855915d-huge-welcome-image-1.png

• Thank you :)
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hello Everyone,

My name is Jack Warner. Currently, I want to study more about the electrical engineering But also learning about microwave from my friend.

My career isn't started yet. But I am looking and going for a career in electronic or in the microwave field.

I have some questions that I am going to ask in the discussion.

Other interests: Electronic Devices, Electromagnetic Materials, connected IoT devices, checking and dis-assembling the electronic devices like radio, remote, etc.
  • Thanks for introducing yourself  Jack Warner‍ - welcome to the community!
  • Welcome to all the new members of the RF and Microwave Technology Network

Tsz Fei Lee
    John Hopper
    Kevin Wilkes
    Martin Lawton

51dd31c8e884d14f98c1ac3d44a7c58b-huge-welcome-image-11.jpg

• Thanks for introducing yourself Rajeev Kumar‍ and welcome to the community!