This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

I should have bought an E.V.

A major shortage of HGV drivers threatens to wreak havoc this winter, and the shortage has been exacerbated by a huge backlog in HGV tests due to Covid
  • When I spotted somebody unplugging at Tesco yesterday, it did occur to me that now is the time to have an EV.

Getting petrol this week has been a challenge. I got high octane fuel at my 5th attempt on Monday. (I was well into the “reserve” zone so I needed it.) Yesterday I took my chance at the local BP not least because I wanted a tin of petrol for my lawnmower. I didn't have to queue because nobody was using a pump which didn't have diesel: that was despite the saleswoman calling people forward on the tannoy. ?

Could the same happen with leccy? Probably not because it doesn't have to be shifted by lorry or stored in tanks or supermarket shelves. And you can charge (albeit slowly) at home.

BTW, new car told me that I was into the “reserve” zone when I turned on the engine. Then it very politely asked whether I wanted to know where the nearest garages were, and then having selected one (guided by the prices displayed) it again asked me politely whether I wanted to know how to get there. I am amazed by modern cars. ?

• BTW, Stanlow oil refinery is on the verge of going bust, due to unpaid tax bills, with nationalisation being suggested as an option.

• broadgage: 

BTW, Stanlow oil refinery is on the verge of going bust, due to unpaid tax bills, with nationalisation being suggested as an option.

We are doomed. Doomed I tell ye.

Z.

• Leaked from a Cabinet meeting? We are led by morons, the trouble is there are very few alternatives! Electricity won't last Z, 5A per house remember, less when there is no wind.