Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide
Question for the Mature Sparks.
Zoomup
3166 Posts
Q. What old electrical item is crunchy on the outside, but soft and flexible on the inside?

Full answer required please.

Clue: It is covered and held by things the names of which rhyme with knuckle.

Z.

3 Replies
kfh
177 Posts
I felt I had to reply to this lonely post in case Zoom thought it existed only in his imagination. 

I will go for a bit of old rubber cable, whose acronym escapes my failing memory, that has been externally aged making the exterior nice and crunchy while the interior remains nice and flexible.

grubbym
2 Posts
is it Vulcanized Indian rubber cable?
Zoomup
3166 Posts
kfh:
I felt I had to reply to this lonely post in case Zoom thought it existed only in his imagination. 

I will go for a bit of old rubber cable, whose acronym escapes my failing memory, that has been externally aged making the exterior nice and crunchy while the interior remains nice and flexible.

Zoom is in recovery at present and is progressing well. He says that the correct answer is V.I.R. cable fixed to a wall and over painted with hard gloss paint some 60 or 70 years ago. He had to remove some recently and found the crack of old gloss paint and the internal soft flexible rubber quite satisfying to the touch and ears.

He says that the things that secure the old rubber cable that rhyme with "knuckle" are buckle clips.

His therapist says that he will be out and about as normal in a few weeks. His appetite is good, and bowel movements normal.

Nurse Grimshaw.

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide