Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
New colours
Chris Pearson
2574 Posts
No, Zoomy, settle down, we are not going to change L and N again ...

So one of three things has happened, which is it?

1) I have had a stroke which has disturbed my colour vision;

2) My iPad is broken;

3) Somebody has changed the colours in here.
6 Replies
Zoomup
2916 Posts
Chris Pearson:
No, Zoomy, settle down, we are not going to change L and N again ...

So one of three things has happened, which is it?

1) I have had a stroke which has disturbed my colour vision;

2) My iPad is broken;

3) Somebody has changed the colours in here.

Dad why does everyfink look green?

Very 70s son.

Z.

Zoomup
2916 Posts
The colour of earth cable was simply green before the application of the 1977 IEE regulations. However, the earth wire colour now features green and yellow stripes in accordance with the IEC regulations. 

Z.
davidwalker2
164 Posts
When we originally changed to the new forum, I posted in the "Ask the IET" forum complaining that I found that links on the new colour scheme were far less visible.  No, I was told, it was my computer screen colour rendering that was wrong.

Now we have a new colour scheme it is all much clearer and easily distinguished.  Was I right after all?
Zoomup
2916 Posts
davidwalker2:
When we originally changed to the new forum, I posted in the "Ask the IET" forum complaining that I found that links on the new colour scheme were far less visible.  No, I was told, it was my computer screen colour rendering that was wrong.

Now we have a new colour scheme it is all much clearer and easily distinguished.  Was I right after all?

It reminds me of a line from the film "The Go Between" referring to a Norfolk Jacket: "Green, green, green".

Z.

mapj1
3555 Posts
You are not the only one to have found the old grey on pinky grey not to be the best colour scheme for a website. Just needs all the other stuff we reported over a year ago to be sorted out and we'll have a forum as easy to use as the ol' fusetalk one..
M.
Evanna Gale
81 Posts
Well spotted all. We've changed the site colours as part of the IET @150 celebrations - the IET will have been around in one form or another for 150 years 17th May. There's more information here about the celebrations (including a fun family tree showing the evolution of the institution over the years). We'll be teal throughout May and will go back to the regular branding in June. 

mapj1‍ - we are in the midst of some very interesting work behind the scenes to address some of the persistent niggles. Can't say much at the moment but we will definitely be asking for input from the Wiring Regs forum users before we go live.

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in