This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Wago Survey. Giving Up Smoking.

Wago Survey.

How many use Wago connectors. If not why not?

Look..

WAGO 222 under Extreme Conditions - Bing video

An American viewpoint.....

Before You Use Wago Wire Connectors - Bing video

Z.
  • In one video the pronunciation of Wago is Vargo to rhyme with Wells Fargo.

I suppose the W is pronounced like a V. The same with that musician composer bloke Wagner. We don't say Wag-ner we say Vaarg-ner.

Impress your wholesaler at the trade counter, pronounce Wago properly, you may get better service or a smack in the mouth.

Let me know.

Z.
  • German Wolks Wagon Zoom. it`s a volks vagon
  • ebee:

German Wolks Wagon Zoom. it`s a volks vagon

.Almost VW - Folks Vagen - there's a similar shift from V to F

Curiously, there's a similar shift in Welsh, but in the opposite direction, ff -> F, f->V

- Andy.

• Edit Crossed in post mit Andy - this is to Ebee...

Vot ?

Nein !

German Volkswagen sounds like Folks Vaagen where the doppel A indicates a longer sound.

So V  to a German makes a sound like an F in English, and a W in German sounds much like the English V.

Do not base your ideas of a German accent on American films, they cannot even do English accents that well.

Alles Klaar ?

(everything clear ?)

Mike (who ist pronounced the same in both languages....)

(get your own back with "the" a sound missing from German altogether. Those who really cannot do it sometimes get by pretending to be Irish  - dees tings  instead of These Things.. )
  • Brings back memories...

In my Radio Officer days, circa 1997, I had been given a copy of a spoof CAA document regarding language.  Being with a UK shipping company which had just merged with a Dutch one, a quick rewrite to remove aviation terms and adjust to make it appear to have come through the companies switcher, I gave it to the Captain just before he went down for dinner. He exploded, thinking it was real! He did see the funny side before we met up in the Officers Bar.

With xxxxxx being a multinational company, it would be desirable if in all to/from ship E'mails, inter‑office memos and in dealings with suppliers and contractors a common language could be employed.

As the majority of the company's fleet drydock and mid-term refit in Germany, there are three obvious possibilities, namely:‑ English, Dutch or German. 

Following discussion with repair companies and the European Union, in association with Lloyds and other interested parties, we are pleased to announce that agreement has been reached to adopt English as the preferred language for all communications, both written and spoken, rather than Dutch or German; which were both eventually rejected as some repair companies were found to have a poor European language proficiency.

As part of the negotiations, the former management conceded that English spelling had some room for improvement and has therefore accepted a five-quarter plan for what will be known as Euro English (Eurospeak). This will assist accurate report writing and the ability to be innovative and self supporting within a strong team environment.

Therefore in the first quarter, "s" will be used instead of the soft "c". Sertainly sivil sevants will reseive this news with joy.  Also the hard "c" will be replaced with "k". Not only will this klear up konfusion, but word processors kan have one less letter. There will be growing enthusiasm in the sekond quarter, when the troublesome "ph" will be replaced by "f". This will make words like "fotograph" 20 persent shorter.

In the third quarter akseptanse of the new spelling kan be expekted to reach the stage when more komplikated changes kan be possible. Governments will enkorage the removal of all double letters, which have always been a deterent to akurate speling. Also al wil agre that the horible mes of silent "e"s in the language is a disgrace, and they would go.

By the fourth kuartr, peopl wil be reseptive to steps such as replasing "th" by "z" and "w" by "v". During ze fifz year, ze unesesary "o" kan be dropd from vords kontaining "ou", and similar chages vud of kors be aplid to ozer kombinations of letters.

After zis fifz kuartr, ve vil hav a rel sensible riten styl. Zer vil be nomor trubls or difikultis and evrivun vil find it ezi tu understand ech ozer.

Ze fors riks drem vil finali cum tru

Regards
    Human resources management team

Klive

• Do I detect some hint of

Neuwortschaffungsdrangdringlichkeit

there Klive ?

Mike

~(hoping I've spelt that right;  google seems to think I have.)
  • The IET ought to have a Merit Badge for that!

Clive