This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

ELECTRICAIN JAILED

You may wish to see this from the Daily Wail https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9474547/Landlord-electrician-sentenced-death-boy-7-electrocuted-beer-garden.html

Not long enough in my view considering the electricians arrogance and lack of contrition.

I note that picture of the electrician does not match the newspapers age description of 24!
  • Well, he was acquitted of the main charge and guilty of a H&S offence.

Doubtless sentencing guidelines were applied.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Yes I think I remember this case was it the metallic fence rail in the beer garden?
  • It was beer garden lights which had been installed but (allegedly) not connected by an electrician friend of the landlord. The landlord, who was also supposedly an electrician then did the final connection in an unsafe way (can't remember what).
  • Further down it says aged 74 so someone had a numeric keypad and a slippery finger. The whole business stinks though, not just the dangerous wiring, as far more things were wrong than just that. I guess he'll be out in 2024 or 5 depending how well he behaves while inside.

The fact the other chap who did the lighting wiring was found not guilty surprised me as well.

Personally having read up on it  a bit I'd have said 'so-called Electrician' as I'd not want either of them in charge of changing light bulbs, let alone doing any wiring.

Mike.
  • My understanding is that the light in question plus one other were vandalised and repaired by the joint owner (second “electrician”). It could not be proved whether the fault that caused the death was due to the original install or the repair. I understand the second “electrician” also pleaded guilty, hence the differing sentences. There is a bit more to the story, but I would have to check how much of the report I have seen is in the public domain. 

Regards,

Alan.
  • A previous report

Police call for charges over electrocution pub death of boy | Daily Mail Online

Z.
  • ??