This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

The Day the Earth Stood Still. U.K. 24th March 2020.

It will be remembered for years. It is a powerful event. It disrupts all normal day to day activity and will cause financial ruin for millions for decades, plunging the country into debt for half a century.  Life will never be  the same again.

The Day The Earth Stood Still.

To be repeated just before the flu epidemic season in November.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51JoEE_znyI

Z.
  • Get a grip.

It isnt a war, it is a couple of months of disruption to try to stop a virus.

It is doom-mongers like you that drag this Country down.

It's a small blip, and the vast majority of people will be fine in 3 months, with only a very few 'in financial ruin'.

The Government are giving a very generous compensation package, that will help most people.
  • Zoomy... is this really real??? Now, I'm worried!!

Look, I have read the following post and I really disagree... what has happened will change this country for years' to come... people will lose their rented / maybe mortgaged homes too. 

I guess I am the, and who cares what I have to say anyways - fair enough, only person in the UK who thinks they are doing EVERYTHING wrong - sorry if this offends anyone... enough said... good luck to all!

regards...

• alanblaby:

It's a small blip, 

A small blip? Millions of people can't go to work, school, college, or holiday, businesses are closed and unlikely to ever open again, the holiday industry decimated, travel seriously restricted, the self employed unable to work, familes can't visit their relatives in hospitals or old folks' care homes,  Millions of people are seriously affected by the stock market crash and will lose savings and pensions will be drastically reduced. Normal life is seriously disrupted and you call it a small blip. 

Z.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

alanblaby:

Get a grip.

It isnt a war, it is a couple of months of disruption to try to stop a virus.

It is doom-mongers like you that drag this Country down.

It's a small blip, and the vast majority of people will be fine in 3 months, with only a very few 'in financial ruin'.

The Government are giving a very generous compensation package, that will help most people.

Exactly - it's bad enough that the BBC are predicting the end of the world as we know it - without Z posting drivel - we'll be fine.

Sure, we'll lose a few Boomers, there's bound to be a bit of unpleasantness in a few places, but such is life - boots laced, crack on, etc

Regards

OMS

• Solution for small/med sized  businesses. Just get more into debt with a Government loan.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52005137

Not available for the self employed though.

Z.

• Moving this out of the Wiring Regs forum and into a more suitable category.. ?
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Lisa Miles:

Moving this out of the Wiring Regs forum and into a more suitable category.. ?

Recycling Bin was full then, Lisa  ?

OMS
  • I think some sort of perspective is needed here. We are probably dealing with a pandemic equivalent to the 1919-21 spanish flue outbreak that distrupted the state of play throughout Europe but now with a multiple levels of technological advantage and knowledge we have the ability to make inroads in deafeating it.. Not the case in previous times, you might imagine the terrible personal after shocks to survive such a pandemics.

I suspect the immediate economy will need to be adjusted to cater for all types of employment and from what I can imagine is that there will be the sinkers and swimmers.

But then I saw another curious program, for want of something to do yesterday about the destruction of Sodum. Archaeologists have apparently found the site and have discovered buried amoungst the ash and charred remains much sand that had turned to glass in the exacvations. It was thought the production of glass hadn't been discovered at the time of the destruction. The program's archaeologists came to the conclusion that there had been an airblast over the city.- a modern term for fire and brimstone from the heavens.

We are all fortunate to be alive and have the ability to be in the debate ......

Legh