This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Christmas Day Quiz.

Test that your brain cells are still working after the Christmas Dinner and gallons of finest cooking sherry. The test......

Q.1. Which famous English scientist and mathematician was born on Christmas day in 1642?

Q.2. Which German electrical engineer/physicist and Nobel Prize winner was born on Christmas Day in 1906?

Q.3 When was the Queen's Christmas Message first televised (year)?

Q.4. What is the total end to end resistance at 20 degrees C, of the following single copper conductors assuming zero joint resistances.

25m 1.0mm2, + 50m 1.5mm2, + 75m 2.5mm2, + 20m 4.0mm2. (Ohms)

Q.5. According to the B.I.C.C. book "The Electrician's Mate", Third Edition about Mi cables, which London building has 21 miles of M.I. cable installed in it?

Q.6. According to the book referred to in Q.5 what is the life expectancy of copper  M.I.C.C. cable.

Q.7. According to the book referred to in Q.5 (a) what is the insulation used in M.I.C.C. cable? AND (b) does it age?

Z.

• Q1: Newton.

• Chris Pearson:

Q1: Newton.

Errrmmm yes. Assuming that you mean Sir Isaac Newton and not Bob Newton the landlord of the Ferrets Arms, Gas Works Lane, Bolton. You may proceed to the other questions though Chris.

Z.

• "Bob Newton the landlord of the Ferrets Arms, Gas Works Lane, Bolton". Didn`t he do some works on the velocity/force ratio of real ale suspended at a height of 100m above sea level over the equator at 30 deg C at Noon GMT?
  • 2. Ernst Ruska Google ..... lol ..... Electron optics

I suspect the beginnings of the electron microscope..

Legh
  • I had a quick look at the list of Fellows in the Royal Society's great tome, I can find Issac Newton but not Bob Newton. Surly this has to be a great injustice given his contribution to mankind.
  • Q1.  Sir Issac Newton

Q2.  Haven’t a clue!

Q3.  1957

Q4.  1.7 ohm

Q5. Houses of Parliament?

Q6.  Indefinite

Q7.  (a) magnesium oxide (b) no