Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in

Christmas Day Quiz.

6 Replies

Christmas Day Quiz.

Posted by Zoomup on Dec 25, 2019 8:09 am

Test that your brain cells are still working after the Christmas Dinner and gallons of finest cooking sherry. The test......

Q.1. Which famous English scientist and mathematician was born on Christmas day in 1642?

Q.2. Which German electrical engineer/physicist and Nobel Prize winner was born on Christmas Day in 1906?

Q.3 When was the Queen's Christmas Message first televised (year)?

Q.4. What is the total end to end resistance at 20 degrees C, of the following single copper conductors assuming zero joint resistances.

25m 1.0mm2, + 50m 1.5mm2, + 75m 2.5mm2, + 20m 4.0mm2. (Ohms)

Q.5. According to the B.I.C.C. book "The Electrician's Mate", Third Edition about Mi cables, which London building has 21 miles of M.I. cable installed in it?

Q.6. According to the book referred to in Q.5 what is the life expectancy of copper  M.I.C.C. cable.

Q.7. According to the book referred to in Q.5 (a) what is the insulation used in M.I.C.C. cable? AND (b) does it age?

Z.

Re: Christmas Day Quiz.

Posted by Chris Pearson on Dec 25, 2019 8:52 am

Q1: Newton.

Posted by Zoomup on Dec 25, 2019 9:29 am

Chris Pearson:
Q1: Newton.

Errrmmm yes. Assuming that you mean Sir Isaac Newton and not Bob Newton the landlord of the Ferrets Arms, Gas Works Lane, Bolton. You may proceed to the other questions though Chris.

Z.

Posted by ebee on Dec 25, 2019 10:34 am

"Bob Newton the landlord of the Ferrets Arms, Gas Works Lane, Bolton". Didn`t he do some works on the velocity/force ratio of real ale suspended at a height of 100m above sea level over the equator at 30 deg C at Noon GMT?

Posted by Legh Richardson on Dec 25, 2019 11:06 am

2. Ernst Ruska Google ..... lol ..... Electron optics
I suspect the beginnings of the electron microscope..

Legh
www.leghrichardson.co.uk

Posted by John Peckham on Dec 25, 2019 11:38 am

I had a quick look at the list of Fellows in the Royal Society's great tome, I can find Issac Newton but not Bob Newton. Surly this has to be a great injustice given his contribution to mankind.

Posted by Ross Currie on Dec 25, 2019 11:44 am

Q1.  Sir Issac Newton

Q2.  Haven’t a clue!

Q3.  1957

Q4.  1.7 ohm

Q5. Houses of Parliament?

Q6.  Indefinite

Q7.  (a) magnesium oxide (b) no

Ross Currie EngTech TMIET

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in