This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

The Mid-Week Brain Teaser. Who am I?

I was interested in physics. I was a bit of a good brewer. I may have been instrumental in the early researches and discoveries that allowed the making of the light bulb later on. Some say that I established the physics of vacuums. I demonstrated experimentally a method of showing electrostatic repulsion. I discussed action at a distance. I benefited from a Grand Tour of France and England as part of my education. I was born on 20th November, the same day as Edwin Hubble, but in a different year.

Who am I?

P.S. On 20th November 1944. after 5 years of blackouts, the lights of London's Piccadilly Circus and Strand were switched on again.

Z.
  • James Prescott Joule is the only physics person I associate with brewing, and very accurate measure of temperature   and the heat equivalent of work for the time is it him ?
  • George Bateman? William Hoover?
  • Come on team, you are guessing aren't you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0ofkz0Uki4

Z.

• Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Guericke

• Zoomup:

Come on team, you are guessing aren't you.

No, I was taking the mickey. George Bateman was a very fine brewer and it was a pleasure to do business with him in the early eighties. JP may have heard of him.

Fred Blake may also have been a fine brewer, but I have no idea as to the quality of his beer 'cos it is a century since he lived in my house.