This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Electrons and Entertainment Quiz.

All related to 10th November.

Q.1.  What commentary was a landmark occasion for the B.B.C. in 1924 and why?

Q.2.  Which popular children's educational show was first broadcast in 1969 in the U.S.A?

Q.3. What did Microsoft announce in 1983?

Z.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member

Zoomup:

Q.1.  What commentary was a landmark occasion for the B.B.C. in 1924 and why?

Are we talking about the opening of the British Empire Exhibition at Wembley where King George made his first public broadcast on 23rd April. ?

• Q1. I would guess it was the first broadcast remembrance day service on the BBC (no doubt from Savoy Place!)

Q2. My guess would be Sesame Street - it is about the right date.

Q3. Possibly MSDOS or PCDOS as it was known on the IBM PC

Alasdair
  • Q1  The 10th November 1924 was a Monday, and I can find nothing of note that happened that day, the programmes all appear to be routine, so I give up.  ( As was the custom at that time, the Armistice Commemoration was held on 11 November).

Q2  I think Alasdair is right, Sesame Street

Q3  Again I agree, MSDOS

David
  • PS

Q1 -- unless of course it was a different kind of commentary, not broadcast.

David
  • Windows came later, so not that.

How about a mouse, although I am not sure what use it would be without a graphical interface?
  • On 10th November the following occurred......

1. 1924. The B.B.C. transmitted the first live running commentary on an outside broadcast from The Lord Mayor's Show in London.

2. 1969. The popular educational children's show Sesame Street was first broadcast in the U.S.A.

3. 1983. Microsoft announced the release of its first Windows operating system.

Well done all, and thanks for participating.

Z.