This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Portastudio

Who still has a Portastudio? I have in the attic a Portastudio 144, Akai GX4000 reel to reel recorder and an MTR 6-4-2 mixer, probably the signs of a miss spent past.

Best regards

Roger
  • I sold my MTR 6-4-2 about 5 years ago, but still have my GX4000 - had huge fun with that but it's a bit wobbly these days. I still have the Yamaha MT44 4 track cassette deck but sadly it has something wrong with it - can't remember what! 

But have actually used Audacity for all recording for very many years now.

I don't think for routing anything has ever beaten the oddball MTR 6-4-2 for four track recording (even though I had the early version with no "track monitor" level controls). But I suspect most people in that budget range couldn't quite see how to take advantage of it. And it was big and heavy (I now have a "12 input" Behringer that's a fraction of the size and weight). Oh, and I had to do some major redesign of the power supply - particularly replacing the frame transformer with a toroid - to stop it humming...

Cheers,

Andy

co-designer SSL 4000G and 9000J mixing desks
  • " But have actually used Audacity for all recording for very many years now. "

The standard version is an excellent piece of software. I use it to clean up and adjust recordings used for our amdram productions.

Legh