This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

DSLR cameras could be subjected to ransomware attacks

As a DSLR owner and photographer, this headline in E&T magazine caught my attention....

Firstly, all images are downloaded to my NAS drive after an assignment anyway and I never leave important images on the camera and secondly if someone wishes to hack into my camera whilst on a job, just switch to my back up camera instead and re-take the photos... ;o)
  • Another good reason not to have a phone with a built-in camera. What one man can do, another man can undo.

I have an old Canon D30 DSLR which takes the old compactflash cards, no metadata, no gps, no web ip or mac address, just a simple camera.

Job done.
  • We have appeared to have opened the door on a new socially integrating technology that few people fully understand, but nevertheless is likely to continue. The benefits so far to the personal domestic market are being able to absorb vast amounts of bandwidth playing interactive war games and communicating with your fridge freezer.....

Legh