This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

American Blackout and Social Breakdown.

Life without electricity, American style.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7245381/Manhattan-power-outage-occurred-ANNIVERSARY-1977-blackout.html

Z.
  • THIS blackout was only for about 5 hours and covered a relatively small area. No serious harm resulted.

PREVIOUS large scale blackouts have however been much worse and have resulted in significant rioting and other disorder. I perceive some risk of a prolonged UK blackout having similar consequences.
  • Definitely a non-story when it needs pictures from 40 years ago to make it more than one sentence long. 

Regards,

Alan.
  • I once endured a two day 'blackout' without power while on holiday in France....

The only looting that occurred was me emptying the freezer and cooking all the food on the barbecue / gas hob and stuffing my face with it... ?
  • I endured a blackout in my mid-twenties when I woke up at 4:00am in a carriage in a railway sidings after missing my stop!

My pal collected me the next day and asked if I had witnessed last night's eclipse - I replied 'No, but I had one'!