This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Friday lunchtime amusement

I wouldn't normally share photos here that pop in my Facebook, but I thought this would amuse. I have to admit it took me a moment to spot it! Made my fingers curl when I did...

Cheers,

Andy

603ecc1b2de83a98961599fd10e87ac3-huge-ouch.jpg

• surprise Ouch!
  • Asbestos fingers Andy!

laugh
  • Actually each of my children tried doing that when they were seven...but only once! (My now 23 year old daughter reckons she can still see the scar...)
  • Her calm expression implies that the power was off - lucky for her.  Does the company's CEO know what he has done?
  • Should be soldering the other side of the board. She's going to melt that card edge connector!
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    That picture reminds me of my first and last soldering safety lesson. I must have been about 10 at the time and I was using my dad's old Antex iron which didn't have a stand. I'd watched him using it many times before and he used to use the built-in hook on the side of the iron to hang it on the front of the fire guard. So, I followed his teaching and did the same, however, the twist in the stiff PVC mains lead resulted in the iron becoming dislodged. Then in slow motion it dropped, heading toward the carpet. I knew that I would be in trouble if I burnt the carpet so I naturally reached out to catch it...........by the bit!!!!

I thought that I got away with it for about 5 seconds and then the pain started and just seemed to keep getting worse. I had no option but to run to my mum and 'fess up. Luckily she had some burn gel that took the edge off it. Lesson learnt!