Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
Membership fee feedback
So, who had have the great idea to raise a 100% the Membership fees?

A year full of redundancies, drop in job opportunities and lot of uncertainty, the Institution of Engineering and Technology decides to raise the fees of their members from £90 last year to £170 this year in order to cover their operating costs.

What do you do to need this amount of money? Because the courses, standards and services provided have their own price.

The day that companies realise what a waste of money this is, you will have no members.

Great idea to have feedbacks in a forum, so you don't need to read them.
3 Replies
Luis Marin Hinestrosa:
...the Institution of Engineering and Technology decides to raise the fees of their members from £90 last year to £170 this year

How did you manage to get a reduced fee last year? If you got your membership for only £90 you were being given a reduced rate, so perhaps you can share with the rest of us how you were able to manage it.

Simon Barker
843 Posts
Huh?

I was paying £117 all the way back in January 2011.  Where did £90 come from - did you have some discount?
Lisa Miles
1274 Posts
Hi Luis Marin Hinestrosa‍ 

I'm going to hazard a guess that you were part of the IET Advantage scheme designed to help students and young professionals just starting out on their career? 
I know that Professional Advantage is the last and final step in the scheme and is £90 a year for the final two years and after that period the standard/full membership fee applies.

If you need to discuss your current circumstances to see if you can apply for a further discount on your membership fees then please contact the membership services team on +44 (0)1438 765678 or email membership@theiet,org and don't forget if anyone is struggling during the current COVID pandemic either financially or otherwise then the team at Foothold are always here to help too. 

Hope that helps?

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in