This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Chartered engineer status

Hi 

I would like to know what steps or processes I need to follow to acquire chartered engineering status? Not really a clear guidance available out there. I have BEng in Electronic Systems Design, worked as an engineer for over 10 years and recently graduated with MSc in Renewable Energy Systems Engineering. I have changed from engineering to technologist role but similar engineering challenges in formulating lubricants. Any advice would be much appreciated! 

• Hi Allaeldin,

What you need to do is look at the Professional Registration section of the IET website. There is a wealth of information there including FAQ. Once you have found the answers to all the basic questions you can probably get in touch with a Professional Registration Adviser (PRA) who will be able to guide you through the next steps. The PRAs are volunteers so this is a free service. (If you are outside the UK it will be an IPRA - International PRA).

On another note, this question really sits within the Careers area of this forum so don't be surprised if it moves. If it disappears from the ‘Ask the Community’ area just look for it under ‘Careers’.

Best wishes,

Alasdair

• Hi Alasdair

thanks very much for taking the time to answer my question, I appreciate your help and will follow up on your advice and contact a PRA :)

Have a great week ahead.

Best regards,

allaeldin