This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

CEng PRI in April 2021

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I applied CEng professional registration in Jan 2021. I was informed this week that my PRI would be in mid April. I feel difficult to present my content with 5 page ONLY and within 15 minutes. With these limitations, my presentation would be quite brief, is it okay? 

And for Q&A session, would those interviewers ask questions base on my content? Will they ask any random questions or something related to their specialty?

Will I be informed who are the interview panel before my interview?

Thank you very much.

Samantha CHENG

Hong Kong
  • Hi Samantha,

The five slides and fifteen minutes only relate to your presentation, which is used as a launch point for the interview. The important point with the presentation is whether you can talk about your chosen project to explain what your contribution was (i.e. competence D, communication) but the presentation is only the start as there will then be questions covering all the competences in UK Spec. I would say more but there is a very good post from a couple of days ago on a similar thread at https://communities.theiet.org/discussions/viewtopic/795/28054.

Best wishes for a successful interview.

Alasdair

(Late edit - I should have said that you will not be told in advance who the interview panel are. The panel should not include anyone who knows you in order to maintain impartiality)
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thank you so much
  • U will never know the panel till the professional registration coordinator contact you. Then, the interviewer will ask you for a passport / ID/driving licence for your identity before PRI.

Your PowerPoint slides should focus on Competence A & B. Outline your case, main feature and demonstrate your competence. Let the interviewer go through in deep. In Q&A, they will not only ask you questions on A & B but also on C, D & E.

"HongKonger likes to beat about the bush"
  • Will the overall PRI accelerate after the end of lockdown in Uk?

I am waiting the day of interview after I have received my application passed panel assessment since March.

• Hi,

Actually my experience with applicants (as a PRA) has been that in fact the process accelerated during lockdown (after of course initial delays last year). What I'm hoping is that it doesn't slow back to pre-lockdown levels! But every application is different, there are numerous factors that can affect individual applications. 

You may wish to contact RSSU to check, if only to check that messages haven't got lost in the web, details here https://www.theiet.org/about/contact-us/professional-registration/

Normally “no news is good news”, but I do appreciate that the wait can be frustrating.

Thanks,

Andy