This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Who sees your self-assessment?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I'm currently preparing my CEng application, there's a section 'self-assessment', where you pick a 'rank' against a specific competency and provide evidence for it.

My question is who can see this? Is this just me and for my own benefit so I can measure my own progress? Does any part of the content submitted in this self-assessment form part of the final application that gets reviewed?
  • HI Daniel,

It is largely a self assessment, so it won't be seen by anyone unless you choose to send it for feedback (using the Get Feedback function on the assessment screen).  This is designed to ensure you are comfortable that you meet all of the competence requirements, and that you are demonstrating that you are working at least at Practitioner level in these areas.

If you do choose to use it, you can download a copy when you are ready to apply and this can be attached to the application as a supporting document in the assessment summary section.  This does not replace your application, and you should complete the application form in full with detail in your career history/employment section that focusses on your personal responsibilities and achievements.  But it can add additional details.

Kind Regards,

Kathryn