This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Competency framework matrix relocated?

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Hi,

Prior to the rework of the professional registration area, there was a section that showed a competency framework matrix, where for each competency, there was an explanation of what '1,2,3,4' (strength of area) corresponded to (where 4 was the strongest and most demanding requirements and 1 was the least). I am not able to find this anywhere at the moment, and so I am working directly from the UK Spec. 

Does this competency framework/matrix still exist somewhere?

Kind regards

Dan Burrell
  • Hi Daniel,

This section is still available in Career Manager and is available under Career Manager, Professional Registration and then Begin your Registration Journey.

I hope that helps.

Kind Regards,

Kathryn
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Hi, I have the same problem. 

I followed your answer but as I started my application to become a member of the IET before the new career manager, I now only see the option to continue my application. 

Thanks,

Charlotte
  • Hi Charlotte,

Can you send me a messacareermanager@theiet.org with your name and membership number so that I can look into this for you?

Thanks,

Kathryn
  • Hi CharM14‍ and Daniel Burrell‍ 

I am one of the PRAs - I have a number of dummy applications on my system that I use to advise candidates find their way around CM - therefore, as with you, I had an application "in progress" before CM4 and all the work that I had in the system is still there.  Try this...

- You should land on a page that says "Welcome Charlotte/Daniel Here's a summary of your progress"

- In the dark blue banner above, click "Professional Registration"

- You are now on a page that says "Professional Registration What would you like to do today"

- Click the left-hand box "Begin your Professional Registration journey"

- You are now at the self-assessment page.  You should see the category of Professional Registration that you have set in your application and a dark blue button that will either say "Start Self Assessment" or "Continue Self Assessment" depending on whether you have commenced the self assessment process or not.

- If you click this button, you'll be taken to the appropriate self-assessment for your desired registration choice and you should find that all of the text you have referred to is there on the right-hand side of the page along with the assessment buttons and the text field for evidence.

Hope this is helpful and good luck with your assessment and application.  Let me know if you still have difficulties finding your way around.  The look of the site is quite different but so far as I can tell, all of the original functionality is there and in most cases is enhanced.

Best wishes

Richard