This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Value of CEng on mainland Europe or The Netherlands

I have been working in the industry for more than 10 years now and since I left the university, I really never bothered to register for CEng. I work in The Netherlands and I know that CEng or being a member of an Institution is not really a big thing here. Nevertheless, I rejoined the IET as a member recently and I am filling in my paper work for my CEng application. Apart from being a nice recognition of your experience and commitment to engineering, any thoughts/experiences on what the value of CEng is on mainland Europe?
  • Hello Jeroen,

I cannot speak from my own experience, but the members of the IET Germany were helpful when I recently asked a similar question about the value of professional accreditation in Germany. I don't know whether the situation is different in the Netherlands as compared to Germany, but I would guess they are not so dissimilar.

https://communities.theiet.org/communities/discussions/viewtopic/310/376/26384?post_id%20=%20142716#p142716

Hope this helps as you work towards the CEng.

All the best,

Joe

P.S. I hope it's alright on this forum to post URLs and/or links directly to other posts, but if not search "Hydrogen" on the search thing and you'll find the thread.
  • Thanks Joe. It's a useful discussion you are linking to.

BR Jeroen