Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
Difference between "Training" in Intent to Register/Profession Registration Checklist and "CPD Record" in CPD Manager
Richard Y.X. HE 11001210155
Joined 13/03/2019 - 3 Posts
Question
Hi All,

I am working on my intent to register submission and I found there is a part called "Training". Do I need to fill all my CPD record into this section?
Since I didn't log my CPD in career manger before so do I need to log all CPD into "My CPD Record" again? The "Training" and "CPD record" are the same thing?

Richard
4 Replies
Hi Kathryn,

Thank you so much for your further reply.

Regards,
Richard
Kathryn Bain 97869023
Joined 09/01/2007 - 355 Posts
Hi Richard,

Further to James' comment (which is really useful) there is also a "Reported" tick box so if you have training recorded for CPD, you can unselect this and it won't appear on your application or Intent, but you can still keep CPD records there.

REgards,

Kathryn
Hi James,

Thanks so much for your reply. Your explanation is very clear.

Regards,
Richard
James Walker 62455
Joined 14/01/2008 - 21 Posts
Hi Richard

The Training section of your application is where your record all your formal qualifications - BTecs, degrees etc. CPD is not the same by definition and should be recorded separately as CPD - the odd day course on any subject, lunch time talks from manufacturers, technical reading such as the the E&T, any technical TV documentary that takes your fancy can all be recorded as CPD but wouldn't appear in the Training section.

There is a requirement under the registration conditions that all registrants at all levels should record their CPD and submit the record annually. 30hours for active members and 10hours for those not active - retired etc. This is subject to audit by the EC and IET. The Career Manager CPD recording device is very useful - at the end of the year you can submit your record and it is available for audit.

I would suggest that formal training - long term - could be recorded as CPD but it isn't really the only thing that makes up CPD.

I hope that is clear.

Regards Jim W

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in