Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in

CEng timeline

5 Replies

• New Question

CEng timeline

Posted by Hesham Aldaikh on Jun 21, 2019 8:59 am

Hi all,
For experienced MIET's, any rough estimate on the timeline of CEng application, submission to decision?

Thank you,
Hesham

Re: CEng timeline

Posted by David Parr on Jun 21, 2019 9:40 am

Will depend upon how straightforward the application is. Three to four months is probably a good working average.
Best Regards, David Parr

Posted by Alasdair Anderson on Jun 21, 2019 11:48 am

At a presentation from the IET on Tuesday we were told that currently it is an average of 14 weeks from submission to decision.

Posted by Darren Leonard on Oct 4, 2019 11:00 pm

I sat my interview this week after submitting my application on the 4th July, so that's 3 months, although I'm awaiting the decision. I can't fault the whole process, all completed online and quite straightforward. 

Posted by Graham Prebble on Oct 11, 2019 2:58 pm

It depends on several things, but if the application is clear, hits a stage 2 panel promptly, an interview can be arranged promptly and stage 4 decision is clear then 3-4 months.

I tell candidates 6 months unless further information needs to be sought or they end up being very marginal (but if they ask for help, we can usually avoid that).

Better to beat the expectation that have the candidate fretting and calling
Eur Ing Graham Prebble BSc MBA CEng IET Volunteer PRA, Assessor and Interviewer

Posted by Alasdair Anderson on Oct 11, 2019 3:11 pm

Graham Prebble:
Better to beat the expectation that have the candidate fretting and calling

I agree, though with a caveat....
If a candidate submits their application and thinks the interview is likely to be in, say, three months, but then suddenly gets the notification that it is next Tuesday, their presentation may end up being rushed (OK, I know they shouldn't be leaving it to the last minute but when people are busy....)
I think we need to have realistic pessimism (or is it pessimistic realism?) and suggest a timescale we recognise may well be beaten but not be too pessimistic.
Alasdair

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in