This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Reinstatement for CEng

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
I just received an email from The IET to ask for me to reinstate my CEng.

Is it all I need to submit my CV, CPD (6 months to 12 months) and action plan for CPD?
  • It depends on when your CEng lapsed (https://www.theiet.org/membership/manage-your-membership/how-to-re-join-the-iet/):

If your membership lapsed less than a year ago:

Simply rejoin the IET and pay the Engineering Council back fees.

If your membership lapsed between one and three years ago:

You need to rejoin the IET, pay your outstanding membership fees and submit six to 12 months CPD evidence along with a future professional development plan. You’ll also need to send your CV to show that you’ve kept up the competencies you demonstrated during your registration assessment.

If your membership lapsed more than three years ago:

You’ll need to rejoin the IET and reapply for registration status. This would mean demonstrating your competence through a professional review, including a full application and interview. You’ll also need to pay the full professional registration application fee and the IET membership fee.

If you're at all unsure I recommend contacting the membership team directly at: membership@theiet.org to discuss your case personally.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    The IET just ask for my CV and CPD. That's all.