This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Rejoin IET

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Rejoin IET. What is the procedure? My last IET membership payment was in May 2015.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    I think you need to contact IET member services and they will guide you.

From what I remember if more than 3 years passed they may ask you to reapply as a new member.

https://www.theiet.org/membership/manage-your-membership/how-to-re-join-the-iet/

If your membership lapsed between one and three years ago:

You need to rejoin the IET, pay your outstanding membership fees and submit six to 12 months CPD evidence along with a future professional development plan. You’ll also need to send your CV to show that you’ve kept up the competencies you demonstrated during your registration assessment.

If your membership lapsed more than three years ago:

You’ll need to rejoin the IET.

and reapply for registration status. This would mean demonstrating your competence through a professional review, including a full application and interview. You’ll also need to pay the full professional registration application fee and the IET membership fee.

M. M Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

I have sent an email to rejoin@theiet.org last Saturday. But, there is no reply from the IET.
    Should I reapply or reinstate my IET membership?

Cheong Tsoi:

Should I reapply or reinstate my IET membership

You should be able to rejoin.  Did you had EC registration? 

I think you can renew without reaplying for EC registration.  But if 3 years passed than you will need to reaply for registration with EC.

The rules state rejoin  

Give them a call. If you paid a membership fee in May 2015 you covered 2015 - 2016, so your membership was till May 2016.

May 2016 to May 2017 - passed 1 year, May 2017 to May 2018 passed year 2, and from May 2018 to May 2019 will be year 3.

You got less than 3 months left before laps of 3 years.

So you have till May 2019 to rejoin. So best to reinstate now to allow time for processing etc. 

Moshe. M Waserman BEET, MCGI, CEng MBCS, MIET

How to re-join the IET

Here you’ll find out how to rejoin the IET depending on what membership you originally had.

Non-registered members

If you were a member of the IET and your membership lapsed within the last three years, it’s easy to join us again. Just fill out the rejoin application form [PDF, 75KB] and email it to rejoin@theiet.org.

If your membership lapsed more than three years ago, you’ll need to reapply to join the IET as if you’re a new member. Simply apply online and pay this year’s membership fee.

So you have a couple of months left before the lapse of 3 years.   Basically rejoining will reinstate your membership.

What numbers should I call to the IET?

In my region, there is time lag to the UK.

It is better if I can send email to the IET.
    I was CEng MIET.
  • See this page: https://www.theiet.org/membership/becoming-a-member/join-the-iet/
    Thanks. But, it is quite expensive for me to give a call to the UK. Moreover, the UK and my region has time zone difference. Now, it is 10:35 am in my region. I wonder what time is it in the UK?
    Is IET on long holiday?

In my region, we have long holiday.