This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Professional Recognition Awards LCGI, AfCGI and GCGI

Former Community Member
Former Community Member
Good afternoon all,

Regarding professional recognition awards in engineering, where exactly do you go to get them?

I've tried looking through the web and I can't find anywhere that actually does them for engineering other than the City & Guilds website which appears to just be a page for those who offer these awards (but no details on who does them, or where to get one). Its almost as if they no longer exist!

Does any one know of a centre or place that offers these?

Many thanks.
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Thank you Moshe,

I had noticed some before, and all seem to be in "leadership". I was starting to get the impression that they were mostly in "leadership" or "management".

I hope I am not being a nuisance, but what exactly is the process/procedure for obtaining one of these awards? From what little information I could find you submit a detailed CV cross referencing a standard (similar to IEng/CEng application).

Thanks for your help,

Lee.

Moshe,

Apologies for the late reply.

So I understand clearly, you can obtain a Professional Recognition Award via the IET using your IEng or CEng application (after obtaining EC registration)?
    OK, thanks for that Moshe,

I'll have to start looking at those places that offer PRA's then!

Lee.
    Hello Lee, 

i was also reviewing the PRA for MCGI in Engineering management. 

have a look at this link-
    http://www.qualified-education.co.uk/apprenticeships-copy?p=level.7.professional.recognition.awards

as they were able to advise me on the process etc.

I haven't started mine yet due to a rather dynamic work situation, but is on my plan for 2019.

good luck

Nathan

Thanks Nathaniel,

That companies address appears to be at the university of East Anglia - which would look better to be the awarding center than a private company (i would think). But its nice to see numerous places that offers it, although the limited competition seems to have it restricted to £600 everywhere. 

Thanks,

Lee.
    Hello Lee,

I think 600 is just for the LCGI, as the MCGI is 1000 pounds as advertised.

i was lucky enough to have been able to achieve the GCGI in both Engineering and Leadership and Management, so I'm looking at trying to bring them both together with the MCGI in Engineering Management.. 

i have already had email contact with the centre above, and they seemed quite helpful already.