This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

Does MIET and IEng pay back in saudi arabia and Dubai

Dear All,

One having MIET and IEng status can be registered with Saudi Council of Engineers.

Please advise.

Muhammad Ali
  • Dear All,

Please advise if there any mutual agreement between IET / EC UK and Saudi council of engineers. Can MIET and IEng support me for registration with Saudi Council of Engineers.

Please advise.

Regards

Muhammad Ali (MIET, IEng candidate)
  • Former Community Member
    0 Former Community Member
    Mr. Muhammad Ali Ali,

I don't think there is such agreement. You may want to contact SCE and IET for additional information.

The IET currently holds international agreements with Engineers Australia (EA) and the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers (HKIE). The IET also recognises the Engineering Council’s Mutual Exemption Agreement with the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ).

On which level you want to register with SCE?

Professional grading requirements:

Associate Engineer:

In addition to the basic requirements, documents of certified professional experience in the same field for a minimum of four (4) years are required and to be submitted online.

Professional engineer:

In addition to the basic requirements, documents of certified professional experience in the same field for a minimum of nine (9) years are required and to be submitted online.

Consultant engineer:

In addition to the basic requirements, documents of certified professional experience in the same field for a minimum of nineteen (19) years are required and to be submitted online.

---------------------------

If I'm not mistaken SCE requires an examination 

Professional Examination 

Professional Examination

SCE provides two accredited professional exams
    First: American professional exams in cooperation with NCEES:
    Available Exams:

1. Fundamentals of Engineering FE **

•  Fundamental of Surveying FS **

• Principal and Practice of Engineering PE

• Principal and Practice of Surveying PS **

** The (FE – FS - PS) exam is available online throughout the year (online exam) at test centers in Dammam and Riyadh.

• Dear Mr. Moshe,

Much thankful for your explanation.

I want to register as Professional Engineer.

Regards

Muhammad Ali
  • Dear M Ali

As far as SCE is concerned, you would need to follow their own procedure, not so difficult.

IEng and MIET may give you worth in employment sector at Saudi Arabia.

• Dear Mr. Nauman,

I had been registered with Saudi Council of Engineers since 2016, And I have been working as Lead Electrical Engineer in Saudi Electricity Project. Anyone does not having Saudi Engineering council membership is not allowed to work as Engineer by Saudi Law. In August 2018 my registration expired. I applied for the renewal already but not approved because of requirement of Pakistan Engineering council membership which is definitely not awarded to to B Tech Hons Graduates + Diploma Holders. Officials of Saudi Engineering council are insisting that it is mandatory, please advise what shall I do?

Regards

Muhammad Ali