This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

CEng award

Hello all

Just wanted to share that I have been awarded my CEng.

The whole process (Career Manager, Open Question and Interview) have been pretty straightforward.

It took approximately 5 months but most of the time was completing and finalising my Career Manager (had to do it in my spare time!)

I strongly encourage young professionals to do their application and get accredited.

The IET is the Professional Home for Life for all Engineers.

Let me know if you have any questions on the subject as everything is fresh in my mind.

Thank you

Alkis

• Congratulations Alkis.
  • Nice one Alkis!
  • Good morning Nimo

Please see below:

Final CEng application submission: 17/08/17

Email confirming interview: 04/10/17

Interview: 28/03/18

CEng award: 16/04/18

Hope it helps

Alkis
  • Robbie,

Location plays a part in how long you have to wait for an interview. I note that you are part of the Somerset and West Wiltshire local area but I think that Alkis is in Cyprus. A colleague of mine who is based in Bristol submitted his application last summer (it looks to have been this time last year) and had his interview in November with CEng granted in December. However there were a couple of months of delay as I responded to my request for verification as one of his supporters within a day or two, but the second supporter had to be chased repeatedly and did not complete his verification for about two months. As the colleague had submitted the application through Career Manager this was obvious to him and he was able to chase, but if it had been a paper copy I don't know that the same lack of response would have been evident.

Regards,

Alasdair
  • Congrats!!!

Nice to hear!

I have just completed my IEng and preparing for my CEng. Any advise for CEng application is welcome.
  • Congratulations! Can I have a private chat with you on presentation please?