Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in
Uploading Evidence to Career Manager
Uploading Evidence to Career Manager
11 Replies
Hi

I'm doing a final update to all of my competences on Career Manager prior to submitting my application to Chartership.

In all of my statements againats competencies I reference a lot (lots and lots!) of supporting material; Papers I have written, internal documents, presentations, letters, emails, drawings etc.

Is there a way to upload these? ('cos if there is I can't find it anywhere.)

Also, I thought the application for CEng required a cover letter / mini-report about why we should be considered. Is this still a part of the process, or is everything done based on the information in Career Manager alone?
BradC
15 Posts
I think it's implied that when applying for Incorporated or Chartered Engineer status, that this would be asked for at the professional review held at one of the IET's offices. Therefore I would expect the review board to ask you for this evidence prior to or at the interview stage.
As we are limited in what we can write down as evidence, I would think the Interview is the time when this type of material comes into its own.

Keeping a portfolio or record of evidence as well as using the career manager to make the application is still an essential part of the process.

Are their any PRA's visiting this forum can enlighten us further?
Kathryn Bain
370 Posts
You are not able to upload files or evidence to Career Manager, however you should keep this evidence separately in your portfolio of evidence. Those supporting or attesting your application should have sufficient knowledge of you and the work you are doing in order to verify this evidence of your competence and they may wish to view this evidence.

No covering letter or report is required to be submitted with your application, however you do need to submit a verified copy of any relevant certificates as well as your fees for professional registration application separate to your application. (this is also detailed on the post-submission tab in Career Manager which will unlock after you have submitted your application).

If you have any further queries, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Dear Mr Parker

Thank you for your email, currently Career Manager does not have a facility to upload your additional material.

Once your application has been submitted to the IET, you will be assigned a Registration Co-ordinator who will be responsible in dealing with your application from 'start' to 'finish'.

With regard to your written, internal documents, presentations, letters, emails, drawings - these should all be covered in some way with your evidence of the competence statements and these are not required to be submitted.

You can send the following documents under separate cover with a letter:

Photocopies of your documentary evidence i.e. degree certificates, academic transcripts

Cheque of £162.00 made payable to the Institution of Engineering and Technology (if you prefer to pay this by credit card, please specify and we can call you and take this information from you over the phone)

You may wish to highlight in your application that further evidence on your written, internal documents, presentations, letters, emails, drawings can be supplied, if necessary.

I hope this helps and if you need any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards
Julie Weaver
Julie Weaver

Registration Co-ordinator, Registration and Standards Department

The Institution of Engineering and Technology
www.theiet.org

Michael Faraday House
Six Hills Way
Stevenage SG1 2AY
United Kingdom

T +44 (0) 1438 765672
F +44 (0) 1438 765660

Email: jweaver@theiet.org

David Robson
331 Posts
Good Luck Christopher!
Originally posted by: katybain

No covering letter or report is required to be submitted with your application, however you do need to submit a verified copy of any relevant certificates.

Question: How best to get certificates "verified"?

I have been following the various threads on the CEng application process and the hurdles one can encounter and would like to prepare for as many eventualities as possible. It's a process that sounds somewhat frought if the experiences of others as expressed on this forum are anything to go by.
Would be grateful for any (good) advice.

Chris Chileshe
Kathryn Bain
370 Posts
Chris,

You should submit a copy of any academic certificate(s) you have listed in the education section of career manager. These should be verified by your sponsor, supporter or mentor unless you have already submitted these to the IET and received formal notification that you have satisfied the educational requirements.

Regards,

Kathryn Bain
Hi Kathryn

Can you explain please, what you mean by " if you have already submitted your certificate to the IET". 

Question: If I have  already submitted my degree certificate(IET accredited Bachelors) to the IET as part my  Membership of the IET(MIET) confirmation in the past, do I need to submit a verified degree copy again including a verified transcript. Because to become a member you need to submit your qualifications based on the membership you interest in.

Regards
Adebayo Turner (MIET)
Kathryn Bain
370 Posts
Adebayo Turner‍ - Career Manager will require you to upload a copy of your certificates to proceed with your application, so you will need to upload these to progress.
Hi Kathryn

Thanks for the feedback,very much appreciated.

Question: Can  I submit my application if my mandatory supporter has verified my application or do i need to wait for my second and third supporter to verify my application also?

Regards
Adebayo Turner
Kathryn Bain
370 Posts
You can, but two supporters are preferrable.

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in