Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide
Who are your favourite engineers on social media?
Lisa Miles
1213 Posts
Question

I read in the IET Insights blog that Mark Rober has been awarded an Honoray Fellowship 😊.

I'm not sure how many of you are fans of Mark and his exploits on his YouTube channel? I've always enjoyed his glitterbomb videos and Carnival Scam Science was also a bit of an eye opener (no wonder I could never win that giant teddybear! 🤨)  

I'm also a great fan of Matt from DIY perks and despite my failed attempt at making a light box after seeing one of his videos, there are many more of his projects that I wouldn't mind having a go at!

There are quite a few engineers and scientists that have their own social media channels nowadays with quite a following! So who are your favourites? 

Which engineering, technology or science related YouTube, Twitter, Facebook or Instagram accounts are you following?

2 Replies
MrFox
22 Posts

Youtubers:
Colin Furze - despite him being a plumber I enjoy his content :)
Thomas Nagy and Artisan Electrics are two “quite interesting” electrician channels…
Tom Scott - very entertaining in a very British way.
Mike Patey - aviation engineer extraordinaire. We'll let him off his Utah-isms.
Peter Sripol - because who doesn't like an electric full size model plane?

I like the following who are in no particular order.

E5 - Paul Meenan

David Watts (Sparky Ninja)

John Ward

Dans The Engineer (For FA related)

CJR electrical

Artisan Electrics

GSH Electrical

E-Fixx

The Engineering Mindset

David Savery 

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide