Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide
Reading and drawing of UK electrical plans and diagrams
David Sakho
12 Posts
Question
Hello everyone,

1. Does anyone know if there are any books or training courses on reading UK electrical plans and diagrams?

There is a lot of stuff on the web, but it all seems to be about US electrical plans and diagrams. I am amazed that for such an important part of UK electrical work, there seems to be nothing about UK plan reading.

2. Does anyone know what is the best graphics software for drawing electrical plans and diagrams?

I'm assuming that UK electrical contractors must nowadays use graphics/drawing software to create their plans. If there are no books/training courses available, then I was hoping that I could teach myself with a good PC drawing programme.

Thank you.

1 Replies
Si ward
2 Posts
The drawing itself she be made so anyone can understand it. Legends etc where needed. Most electrical drawings are created on AutoCad I would say. You can find plenty of Cad courses online if you look. But its not worth doing unless you can afford the software after and will use it regularly.

Share:

Want to post a reply? You'll need to log in  Having trouble logging in? Read our help guide