This discussion is locked.
You cannot post a reply to this discussion. If you have a question start a new discussion

jumpin jack flash Its a gas gas gas

For eco readers and thinkers out there who are on the IET system , just had to listen to another enviroment news bullietin that er wasnt quite right , CO2 apparantly lasts for 200 years but methane only 20yrs , meanwhile no one does a program on fridges or the stuff energy companies have been using in switch gear. I would think for the average eco consumer this gas talk is bit confusing as its where we are , and most of the global heating theory round molecules is around infrared heating  of certain bonds , and water vapour (pretty essential that exists I think) is in there too . It also means that the world record ppm of CO2 isnt going to dissipate for 200yrs , and we are still pouring more of it into the atmosphere. Goodness knows what the ppm of CO2 in Bejing . I dont know ime not sure if the gases things helps people to understand the debate or not ,most people do not know what the CO2 production and absoption rates are for lattitudes of ocean of vegitation . The earth when mostly forest had atmospheric oxygen levels of 24% , the forest would burn regulary due to lightening strikes , our situation is that we may damage our oxygen production systems , which inturn will affect all our combustion technology , as the fuel air ratio will change . I think were going to have to have a more relational scientific approach , I think we can use biochemistry and some of the data we have , but i am pretty sure that most people will want indusrial changes to become clean , when they work out that CO2 is just the product of the real problem which is oxygen production capacity via natural life systems
  • Helios:

For eco readers and thinkers out there who are on the IET system , just had to listen to another enviroment news bullietin that er wasnt quite right , CO2 apparantly lasts for 200 years but methane only 20yrs , meanwhile no one does a program on fridges or the stuff energy companies have been using in switch gear. I would think for the average eco consumer this gas talk is bit confusing as its where we are , and most of the global heating theory round molecules is around infrared heating  of certain bonds , and water vapour (pretty essential that exists I think) is in there too . It also means that the world record ppm of CO2 isnt going to dissipate for 200yrs , and we are still pouring more of it into the atmosphere. Goodness knows what the ppm of CO2 in Bejing . I dont know ime not sure if the gases things helps people to understand the debate or not ,most people do not know what the CO2 production and absoption rates are for lattitudes of ocean of vegitation . The earth when mostly forest had atmospheric oxygen levels of 24% , the forest would burn regulary due to lightening strikes , our situation is that we may damage our oxygen production systems , which inturn will affect all our combustion technology , as the fuel air ratio will change . I think were going to have to have a more relational scientific approach , I think we can use biochemistry and some of the data we have , but i am pretty sure that most people will want indusrial changes to become clean , when they work out that CO2 is just the product of the real problem which is oxygen production capacity via natural life systems   

When CO2 gas is pumped into a greenhouse used to grow tomatoes, cucumbers or lettuce, it boosts photosynthesis, resulting in stronger, healthier plants and increased yields. Whereas normal air has a carbon dioxide concentration of around 400 ppm, most plants fare better in environments with carbon dioxide concentrations of between 600 and 1,000 ppm.

Z.